Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by bacterial species borrelia. It is a tick borne disease caused by the transmission to humans by the bite of infected ticks. Patients infected with lyme disease suffer from symptoms such as fever, depression, fatigue and skin rashes. If the disease is diagnosed at an early stage then it can be treated with antibiotics. However, if the disease is left untreated then it affects heart, joint and central nervous system and might become a cause for death.
The lyme disease diagnostic market is segmented on the basis of diagnostic tests, emerging diagnostic technologies and end users. Emerging technologies segment comprises of molecular diagnostics, monoclonal antibodies, immunoassays, differential light scattering, liposomes, artificial intelligence, flow cytometry, information technology, diagnostic imaging, gel microdroplets, chromatography and others. The endusers segment of the market includes hospitals, commercial/private labs, public health labs and physicians office. Various forms of laboratory testing for lyme disease are available and among them most widely used are serological test. Among the serological tests most commonly used are ELISA and Western Blot. Moreover, some laboratories offer tests that include urine antigen tests, lymphocytic transformation test, immunofluorescent staining and PCR tests. New lyme disease diagnostic tests are being developed that are particularly suited for diagnosis of chronic lyme infection using blood sample. These tests overcome the accuracy problems which were encountered in serology based tests.
Globally North America accounts for the largest share of the market owing to the most common tick disease in the U.S. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2011, 24,364 people were diagnosed with lyme disease in the United States. The European and Asian markets are also expected to emerge in near future owing to increase in patients infected with lyme diseases.
Some of the key players engaged in manufacturing of diagnostic tests include Abbott Laboratories, Affymetrix, Inc., Bio-Rad, Roche Diagnostics among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.