Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market
Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market (Diagnostic Test: Serological Test, Polymerase Chain Reaction [PCR] Testing, Immunofluorescence [IFA], Lymphocyte Transformation Test, Urine Antigen Testing, and Others; Sample: Blood, Cerebrospinal Fluid [CSF], Joint Fluid, and Urine; and End User: Hospitals, Clinical Laboratories, Physician Clinics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Lyme Disease Setting Record in Number of Cases Every Year
Lyme disease is the most prevalent vector-borne disease across the world. It is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi and sometimes, Borrelia mayonii. Lyme disease is diagnosed based on symptoms, physical findings (e.g., rash), and the possibility of exposure to infected ticks. Lyme disease diagnostics measure Borrelia immunizers in the blood, or the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) to identify the signs and symptoms of central nervous system disease. The surge in the frequency and prevalence of Lyme disease and rising investments from government organizations and large corporates for developing diagnostic kits are primary reasons contributing to the growth of the global Lyme disease diagnostics market.
Healthcare organizations such as CDC suggests two methods to identify these immunizers or antibodies to confirm a diagnosis of Lyme disease. The first diagnosis use practices such as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA) or immunofluorescence (IFA) method to measure Borrelia IgM and/or IgG antibodies. This diagnosis is intended to be very sensitive so that it will detect as many cases of Lyme disease as possible. The results may be positive even with similar types of bacteria such as the different tick-borne disease or syphilis or in other conditions, such as Lupus. The second diagnosis is recommended after the test of initial diagnosis with positive or indeterminate results. It is called a Western Blot that detects specific antibodies to multiple antigens to confirm the findings.
Lyme disease cases are presently crossing the 400,000 mark every year in U.S. alone, and the need for diagnosis of these patients is rapidly increasing, thus proving propitious for the global Lyme disease diagnostics market.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market
Similarities Between Borrelia Burgorferi, SARS-CoV-2 Proving Challenging for Experts
The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic has eclipsed the attention of healthcare professionals, affecting all areas of health and diagnostics care. The crisis has had several indirect health effects as well. The concern among individuals for the infection has decreased outpatient visits with healthcare providers. Symptomatic patients may be considered to have COVID-19 until negative test results are received, implying that evaluations for other diseases will be delayed, potentially leading to adverse outcomes. People with Lyme disease symptoms were asked to postpone their tests, as the coronavirus spread began to take over the world. People were recommended to be in quarantine as evaluation for other causes of the patient’s symptoms other than the COVID-19 virus was often deferred, risking delayed diagnosis and complications. Moreover, as Lyme and COVID-19 virus often start with non-specific flu-like symptoms with fever, headache, and general achiness and fatigue, it made patients and medical experts more concerned about both infections in individuals. Thus, patients were suggested to diagnose with the available medical institutions helping to diagnose other diseases.
The impact of this dramatic change in healthcare provision is only opening to be recognized, but includes decreased ambulatory visits with outpatient providers, hampering the growth of the global Lyme disease diagnostics market. In addition, the COVID-19 crisis has led to the adoption of telemedicine for the delivery of healthcare in many developed regions including North America and Europe. However, the impact of telemedicine on the diagnosis of acute infectious diseases such as Lyme disease is still under observation. Furthermore, misdiagnosis and delays in diagnosis of Lyme disease can potentially result in bacterial dissemination and involvement of distant organ systems, most importantly the neurologic, cardiac, and musculoskeletal systems. The neurologic association normally exhibits after the first few weeks of untreated virus and can result in meningitis, cranial nerve palsy, and radiculoneuritis. Post-COVID, however, there is likely to be a significant increase in the diagnosis of Lyme disease, as the number of vaccination is increasing, most people can feel safe to visit a diagnostics center. This is expected to propel the Lyme disease diagnostics market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
New Ways to Diagnose Lyme Disease to Drive Global Demand for Diagnostics
The advancement in research and diagnosis of a new cytokine-based immunoassay for Lyme diagnosis can allow for earlier and more rapid diagnosis of the Lyme disease, if successful. Numerous researchers are working on the progress of a new, rapid point-of-care Lyme diagnostic test using lateral flow technologies. Metabolic biomarkers and biosignatures for enhanced diagnostics are being recognized and defined. All these studies are expected to contribute to new ways for identifying the Lyme disease, earlier-stage diagnosis, accurate staging of disease, or indications of successful treatment. This is anticipated to fuel the growth of the Lyme disease diagnostics market.
The advancements in the Lyme disease diagnostics portfolio by several major businesses have welcomed the approval by launching innovative Lyme disease diagnostics. T2 Biosystems developed a T2Lyme Panel diagnostic technique for the detection of Lyme disease-causing bacteria. Such innovations are likely to fuel the demand for upgraded Lyme disease diagnostics, thus driving the Lyme disease diagnostics market.
In the initial stages of diagnosis, researchers can now look at other molecules that arise earlier in infection instead of waiting for the antibodies creation in the blood. The experts are examining the pattern of a host of non-antibody molecules, or biomarkers that rise in response to B. burgdorferi infection, as compared to the pattern in other disease overlapping symptoms with Lyme disease. The pattern distinguishes early Lyme disease from the different illnesses examined, and could precisely diagnose the disease even in clinical samples that had tested negative by the current immunologic assay. In most cases, antibiotics are used to treat Lyme disease. It can help recover quickly and more completely the sooner the treatment begins.
Furthermore, North America holds the most number of major diagnostics centers and key market players. Rising healthcare expenditure, early availability of new products, and major patient base in the U.S. are expected to dominate the regional shares in the Lyme disease diagnostics market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market
The world has witnessed a rising number of Lyme disease cases in recent years, and expected to further grow with increasing worldwide population. People living in wooded areas are more likely to undergo Lyme disease tests. In addition, with the rising cases of tick-borne infectious diseases and increasing incidences of new types of vector-borne diseases, the demand for new diagnostics centers and improved diagnostics is gradually rising favoring the global Lyme disease diagnostics market. However, a lack of awareness about distinct infections and Lyme disease diagnostics in several developing economies is expected to hamper the market growth to some extent. Nevertheless, rising healthcare investments in such regions and increasing health consciousness among people are most likely to expand the global Lyme disease diagnostics market during the forecast period.
Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market: Overview
- Lyme disease, commonly known as Lyme borreliosis, is an infectious disease that is caused by Borrelia bacteria and carried by ticks. The most typical indication of infection is the spreading red rash, known as erythema migrans, which emerges around a week after tick bite.
- Blood, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), joint fluid, and urine are used for the diagnosis of Lyme disease
- The global Lyme disease diagnostics market has experienced significant growth in the past decade due to increase cases of Lyme disease
- Various diagnostic tests are available for the detection of Lyme disease, including serological test, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing, immunofluorescence (IFA), lymphocyte transformation test, urine antigen testing, and others
- Increase in incidences and prevalence of Lyme disease drive the demand for Lyme disease diagnostics. Lyme disease is a highly common vector-borne disease in the U.S. and across the globe, with over 400,000 new cases every year. Only a few tests are available in the market that accurately diagnose Lyme disease. Moreover, frequent mutations and genotypic variations in the causative bacteria increase the prevalence among the global population.
- Need of development of novel therapy has increased due to various disadvantages associated with conventional and regular traditional techniques such as lack of accuracy, precision, and reproducibility
- Various research institutes, organizations, and healthcare companies are engaged in finding a better technology for the diagnosis of Lyme disease, which, in turn, drives the global Lyme disease diagnostics market
- Expansion of Lyme disease diagnostics portfolio by key companies boosts the approval and launch of innovative Lyme disease diagnostics. In September 2018, T2 Biosystems, Inc. developed T2Lyme Panel diagnostic technique for detection of Lyme disease-causing bacteria.
Market Segmentation: Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market
- In terms of diagnostic test, the global Lyme disease diagnostics market has been classified into serological test, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing, immunofluorescence (IFA), lymphocyte transformation test, urine antigen testing, and others. The serological test segment has been split into ELISA and Western blot. The serological test segment is anticipated to dominate the global Lyme disease diagnostics market during the forecast period.
- Based on sample, the global Lyme disease diagnostics market has been categorized into blood, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), joint fluid, and urine. The blood segment dominated the global Lyme disease diagnostics market in terms of revenue in 2020.
- In terms of end user, the global Lyme disease diagnostics market has been divided into hospitals, clinical laboratories, physician clinics, and others. The clinical laboratory segment dominated the global Lyme disease diagnostics market in terms of revenue in 2020.
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report provides current and expected revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2017 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2021 to 2031, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global Lyme disease diagnostics market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- Current and expected market revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2017 to 2031, with their CAGRs from 2021 to 2031
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global Lyme disease diagnostics market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares and in the decision-making process
- The Lyme disease diagnostics market report concludes with the company profiles section, which includes key information about major players in the global Lyme disease diagnostics market
- Leading players analyzed in the Lyme disease diagnostics market report include
- T2 Biosystems, Inc.
- DiaSorin S.p.A
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Trinity Biotech plc
- IGeneX Inc.
- Lyme Diagnostics Ltd.
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Oxford Immunotec plc (Boulder Diagnostics)
- Cenogenics Corporation
- Quest Diagnostics
- Ceres Nanosciences, Inc.
- Galaxy Diagnostics
- Each of these players has been profiled in the Lyme disease diagnostics market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global Lyme disease diagnostic market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global Lyme disease diagnostic market for the period of 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global Lyme disease diagnostic market from 2021 to 2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the Lyme disease diagnostic market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the Lyme disease diagnostic market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global Lyme disease diagnostic market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global Lyme disease diagnostic market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global Lyme disease diagnostic market. Key players operating in the global Lyme disease diagnostic market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global Lyme disease diagnostic market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by Lyme disease diagnostics across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global Lyme disease diagnostic market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which diagnostic test segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2031? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global Lyme disease diagnostic market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller one. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global Lyme disease diagnostic market in terms of diagnostic test, sample, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has also been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global Lyme disease diagnostic market.
Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global Lyme disease diagnostic market includes information divided into four segments: diagnostic test, sample, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global Lyme disease diagnostic market are discussed in detail.