Evolving trends, such as gluten-free, non-allergen, non-dairy, and clean label have induced a shift in consumer behavior. A noticeable shift towards healthy food products that offer functional benefits has been witnessed in the recent years. The shift in consumer behavior has benefitted many industries; micronized protein industry is no exception. Among the various types of micronized pea proteins available in the market, demand for pea proteins has been especially noticeable.
Micronized pea proteins meet the need for low calorie content, and are easy to digest and suitable for vegans. The demand for plant-based proteins has been on the rise, with an increasing number of population cutting down or cutting out meat and becoming flexitarian, meat reducers, and semi-vegetarians.
Micronized pea protein is one of the recent advances in the plant-based proteins space, which is suitable for plant-based diets, high-protein beverages, snacks, and sports nutrition. Relatively small particle size of micronized pea protein aids food processors in binding, gelling, emulsifying, enhanced nutrition, while maintaining the bioavailability of the proteins. Growing application of micronized plant-based proteins, especially in vegan protein shakes beverages on the back of their cleaner flavor, smoother mouthfeel, and better suspension is likely to influence the growth of micronized pea protein market.
Micronized Pea Protein Market Dynamics
Demand for ‘Convenient Proteins’ Driving Sales
Rapid consumer inclination towards vegetarianism and veganism due to rising concerns regarding the negative impact of meat consumption on environment has led to surge in the demand for plant-based proteins. With growing popularity of pea protein as ingredient in range of health-centric food and beverages, ingredient suppliers are exploring innovative delivery forms of these proteins including isolates, concentrates, micronized, and others that help increase their uptake as well as improve convenience and ease-of-use.
Gains Underpinned by Growing Application in Novel Food Technologies
The micronized pea protein market is expected to witness a steady growth in the future with an increase in use of proteins in food applications both for nutritional reason and food technologies such as water binding, emulsification, particle suspension, aeration, and others. Gradual rise in the demand for micronized pea protein can also be attributed to its fine particle size that helps provide essential amino acid profile. Moreover, growth in the health-conscious population willing to invest in food products that offer added nutritional value is likely to create opportunities for stakeholders.
Micronized pea proteins are becoming a big thing in sport nutrition and weight management, owing to their low calorie and high protein content. Increasing demand and popularity of these products will remain crucial to how this market will evolve in the future. In addition, the food & beverage industry is focusing on adoption of micronized pea protein as an important ingredient for gluten free bakery products, cereals, snack bars, extruded snacks, ice creams, and other desserts. For instance, in March 2018, ice cream producer McConnell’s introduced its first dairy-free frozen dessert made from a proprietary blend of 100% of micronized pea protein.
Micronized Pea Protein Market Segmentation
On the basis of application, the micronized pea protein market can be segmented into:
- Sports Nutrition
- Dietary Supplements
- Bakery & Snacks
- Meat Substitutes
The report on micronized pea protein market offers a comprehensive evaluation of the micronized pea protein market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the micronized pea protein market report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report on the micronized pea protein market serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: regional markets and aplplications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Micronized pea protein market segments and sub-segments
- Micronized pea protein market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand in the micronized pea protein market
- Micronized pea protein market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges in the micronized pea protein market
- Micronized pea protein market competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs in the micronized pea protein market
- Micronized pea protein market value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report on the micronized pea protein market has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The micronized pea protein market report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the micronized pea protein market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in micronized pea protein market dynamics
- Micronized pea protein market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the micronized pea protein market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments in the micronized pea protein market
- Micronized pea protein market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional micronized pea protein markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the micronized pea protein market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the micronized pea protein market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.