Metallic transfer film is used for creating artistic expressions of products and packaging. The primary objective of using metallic transfer film in packaging is to develop aesthetic packaging formats so as to increase product appeal. Metallic transfer film is developed by depositing aluminum on the surface of the film, which is then transferred onto paper and paperboard with an adhesive for excellent brightness. Metallic transfer film has broad applications in cosmetic and personal care, stationery, apparel, and luxury goods. Metallic transfer films turn leather and fabric into different glossy colors to increase the aesthetic appeal of shoes, handbags, wallets, belts, apparel, and other metalized leather accessories.
New advancements in the production of metallic transfer films are anticipated to increase the supply of metallic transfer film in the market. Key players are shifting to advanced film formulations and metallization processes from traditional metallic transfer film production, which can be helpful to reduce the supply chain and deliver high-quality products with less resources. Increased competitiveness among end users is acting as a significant driver in increasing the demand for premium printing and packaging solutions such as metallic transfer films. With growing environmental concerns to reduce plastic from packaging and provide differentiation to packaging, several brands are using transfer film. The adoption of metallic transfer film by the textile industry is expected to offer market opportunities for the manufacturers of metallic transfer film.
Evolving Retail Industry is a Key Factor to Boost the Demand for Metallic Transfer Film
The metallic transfer film market highly depends on the growth of the retail and consumer goods market. Metallic transfer film is used to increase the attractiveness of a product or its packaging, so that it can attract more consumers and lead to increased sales. In the well-settled retail markets of Europe and North America, end users are highly concerned about the aesthetic look of products from high volume production. In the global retail market, the United States is expected to be a prominent country in terms of sales, followed by Japan, China, and the United Kingdom. Asia Pacific is expected to be an evolving retail market, owing to the increased disposable income of individuals and growing urbanization in the region. The evolving retail market is expected to boost the demand for premium packaging such as metallic transfer film so as to attract more consumers.
Global Metallic Transfer Film Market: Segmentation
The global metallic transfer film market is segmented on the basis of thickness, material, and end-user industry.
On the basis of thickness, the global metallic transfer film market is segmented into:
- Up to 25 Microns
- 25 – 50 Microns
- 50 - 100 Microns
- Above 100 Microns
On the basis of material, the global metallic transfer film market is segmented into:
- Paper and Paperboard
On the basis of end-user industry, the global metallic transfer film market is segmented into:
- Electronics & Electricals
- Food & Beverages
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Consumer Goods
- Pet Food
- Electricals & Electronics
Global Metallic Transfer Film Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global metallic transfer film market are:
- Toray Plastics (America), Inc.
- DUNMORE Corporation
- Fuwei Films (Holdings) Co., Ltd.
- Oike & Co. Ltd.
- Coveme spa
- Hercules Films, LLC
- Shenzhen Jinjia Group Co., Ltd.
- King Tech Industry, Inc.
- Lohmann GmbH & Co. KG
- The Wing Fat Printing Company Limited
- Hitachi Chemical Company, Ltd.
Global Metallic Transfer Film Market: Recent Developments
- In February 2018, Steel Partners Holdings, the parent company of U.K.-based API Group, completed the acquisition of specialty coated film manufacturer Dunmore Corporation.
- In September 2016, Toray Plastics (America), Inc. introduced a new metallic transfer film that builds an excellent reflective surface for premium decorative packaging, POS displays, and specialty printing applications.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.