Medical Grade Lubricants Market: Introduction
- Medical grade lubricants lengthen the operating temperature range of medical devices; reduce unwanted noise; control the motion; and improve touch-sensitivity and user perception. Medical grade lubricants are critical design sub-components that add value to, or enable, breakthrough medical technology.
- Medical grade lubricants are generally used in medical equipment to smoothen the operation; eliminate noise; and reduce the impact of environmental factors (for example, by sealing gaps and orifices); and provide appropriate viscous drag on parts while moving. Medical grade lubricants provide stress resistance and minimize free-motion issues such as backlash, stick-slip, and coasting. Medical grade lubricants with appropriate rheological characteristics can be selected or formulations can be tailored to the requirements of the application.
- Nye Lubricants, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of synthetic lubricants. It offers NyeMed, which has various important physical characteristics such as controlled flow properties, low oil separation, and good compatibility with plastics.
Types of Medical Grade Lubricants
- In terms of type, the medical grade lubricants market can be classified into silicone, synthetic hydrocarbon, ester, and perfluoropolyether
- The most commonly used medical grade lubricants are silicone fluids, or silicone oils, which have little interactivity with the device substrate or surface. Silicone fluids can also be easily removed or wiped from the substrate. Silicone fluids are available in a wide range of viscosities and chemical makeup. Silicone fluids are compatible with the most commonly used sterilization techniques.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Growth of Flooring Sector to Drive Global Medical Grade Lubricants Market
- Increasing demand for medical components used in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures has boosted the demand for medical grade lubricants with high quality. Medical grade lubricants allow medical product companies to maximize their productivity by providing optimum lubricity for long tool life; by extending sump life; by simplifying filtration; and by contributing to better quality of parts.
Applications of Medical Grade Lubricants
- Based on application, the global medical grade lubricants market has been segmented into medical devices (including laser treatment systems, blood glucometers), dental equipment, and disposable and reusable devices. When medical grade lubricants are applied between two solid materials, such as transparent plastics and glasses, they minimize internal reflection of light, thereby optimizing light transmission.
- For high-speed and high-precision bearings used in dental hand piece equipment, Nye offers DHL 600. This NSF-H1-registered oil, tested to 150°C, is specified by OEMs and sold under private labeling to dental practitioners.
- A special class of medical applications that utilize viscous damping gels involves the development of disposable and reusable devices such as pumps, hand-held injectors or inhalers. These devices rely on medical grade lubricants to lubricate parts; absorb shocks; control the dose delivery rate; and ensure complete dose delivery while optimizing the feel and sound of the device. The result is enhancement of functionality, quality, and usability, which leads to higher patient compliance, lower risk, and better treatment outcomes.
Restraints of Global Medical Grade Lubricants Market
- Use of medical grade lubricants should be avoided in otoscopes, as the ear is a dry membrane and it should never be penetrated. Using medical grade lubricants in otoscopes can cause damage to the eardrum.
- Devices used for puncturing the skin for the purpose of venous access should never be accompanied by medical grade lubricants. Medical grade lubricants are used to make the procedure more comfortable and establish a route to make the needle cause as little friction or discomfort as possible. Medical grade lubricants are not intended to enter the circulatory system and hence, they should not be used for the purpose of venous access. All these factors are likely to hamper the global medical grade lubricants market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Medical Grade Lubricants Market
- In terms of region, the global medical grade lubricants market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global medical grade lubricants market during the forecast period, due to presence of a large number of medical device manufacturers
- Growing prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing adoption of technologically advanced medical devices, increasing GDP, and strong presence of leading vendors in North America is boosting the medical devices industry in the region. This, in turn, is expected to fuel the medical grade lubricants market in North America during the forecast period.
- The medical grade lubricants market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period, due to increasing per capita income, growing elderly population, rising disease awareness, and improving health care infrastructure in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global medical grade lubricants market is fragmented, with market players focusing on incorporating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. Online portals are used by various companies as a mode for selling their products. These players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global medical grade lubricants market include:
- Accurate Lubricants & Metalworking Fluids, Inc.
- Nye Lubricants, Inc.
- Benz Oil Inc.
- Certol International LLC.
- Miller-Stephenson, Inc.
Global Medical Grade Lubricants Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Grade Lubricants Market, by Type
- Synthetic Hydrocarbon
Global Medical Grade Lubricants Market, by Application
- Medical Devices
- Laser Treatment Systems
- Blood Glucometer Systems
- Dental Equipment
- Disposable and Reusable Devices
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.