Knitted Geotextiles Market: Highlights
- Geotextiles are permeable synthetic materials made of textile materials. They are usually made from polymers such as polyester and polypropylene. Geotextiles are further prepared in three different categories: woven fabrics, nonwoven fabrics, and knitted fabrics.
- The knitting process consists of interconnecting loops of yarn on powered automated machines. These machines are equipped with rows of small, hooked needles to form yarn loops. The fabric is designed to take force in two directions (0° and 90°).
- Knitted geotextiles are a subset of woven geotextiles. They are primarily used as filters on pipes. Multilayer geotextiles are formed by bonding several layers of fabrics, which can be layers of nonwovens or layers of wovens & nonwovens. Geotextiles thus formed can be high strength filter geotextiles or high loft (thick) protection geotextiles.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Knitted Geotextiles Market report
Key Drivers of Knitted Geotextiles Market
- Increase in usage of geotextiles for road construction is expected to drive the knitted geotextiles market in the near future. From major motorways to haul roads, geotextiles have proven to be the optimum solution for ground stabilization issues, increasing pavement life, repair and rehabilitation of highways, cost control, and better lifespan of roads. Geotextile is one of the basic materials used in the construction of roads, highways, flyovers, bridges, and pavements for filtration and separation functions, as they help prevent migration and mingling of materials and allow free movement of water. Thus, geotextile is emerging as an alternative for concrete in the road industry.
- Growth in consumption of bio-based geotextiles is also anticipated to boost the market during the forecast period. Bio-based geotextiles are made from various bio-based materials such as agricultural products and waste streams. Maize-based PLA geotextiles, sheep wool erosion mats, and straw and coconut erosion mats are examples of bio-based geotextiles. Resource efficiency and reduction/elimination of Greenhouse Gases (GHGs) are some of the key advantages of bio-based geotextiles. These materials are light in weight. Thus, they help lower application and transportation costs.
Volatility in Raw Material Prices to Restrain Knitted Geotextiles Market
- Geotextiles are manufactured using synthetic fibers such as polypropylene, polyester, polyethylene, and natural fibers such as jute, coir, and ramie. Any change in demand and supply of these raw materials can significantly impact the geotextiles industry. Materials of synthetic fibers are derived from crude oil. Thus, rise in prices of crude oil results in price hike of raw materials. This impacts the geotextiles industry. Fluctuation in prices of raw materials also affects the operating margins of manufacturers. This, in turn, makes it difficult for them to sustain in the global geotextiles market.
Knitted Geotextiles Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global knitted geotextiles market can be divided into road construction, erosion prevention, drainage, and others
- The road construction segment is projected to account for major share of the global knitted geotextiles market during the forecast period
- Expanding at a healthy pace, the erosion prevention segment is estimated to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period.
- Demand for knitted geotextiles in drainage and others segments is likely to remain moderate to high across different regions in the near future
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Knitted Geotextiles Market
- In terms of region, the global knitted geotextiles market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Consumption of knitted geotextiles is higher in Asia Pacific than that in other regions.
- Asia Pacific and North America are highly active markets in terms of strategic initiatives, owing to the emerging and mature demand for geotextiles in these regions, respectively. Expansion of end-use industries and increase in numbers of domestic players in vertical market segments are some of the factors propelling the market in Asia Pacific and North America.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific holds significant share of the global knitted geotextiles market. It is followed by North America and Europe, respectively.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Knitted Geotextiles Market
Key Manufacturers in Knitted Geotextiles Market
The global knitted geotextiles market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Zhejiang Tianxing Technical Textiles Co., Ltd
- Atlantis Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Cirtex Industries Ltd
- Carriff Corporation
Global Knitted Geotextiles Market: Research Scope
Global Reactive Adhesives Market, by Raw Material Type
- Bi-component Fiber
Global Reactive Sealants Market, by Application
- Road Construction
- Erosion Prevention
Global Knitted Geotextiles Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.