Insulating Adhesive Tape Market: Definition
- Insulating adhesive tape is a type of pressure-sensitive tape that is primarily used to insulate electrical wires and other materials that conduct electricity. Insulating adhesive tape can be made of various plastics, but vinyl is highly popular, as it stretches well and gives an effective and long lasting insulation.
Key Drivers of Insulating Adhesive Tape Market
- The electronics industry employs pressure-sensitive tapes and adhesives to install parts directly in devices
- The trend toward miniaturization of electronic devices, especially cell phones, portable personal computers, and tablets, is a major driving factor the insulating adhesive tape market
- The electronic & electrical appliances industry is one of the popular end-users of pressure-sensitive insulating adhesive tapes. The industry has been expanding at a speedy pace. Rise in disposable income, changes in lifestyle of the people, and increase in dependence on the use of electronic devices are key factors boosting sales of electronic devices across the world.
- The trend toward miniaturization of electronic devices, which require use of insulating adhesive tape as substitute for screws and other fasteners, has been gaining traction. Thus, demand for insulating adhesive tape is expected to be driven by growth in sales of electronic devices.
- Insulating adhesive tapes are employed widely in numerous automotive applications such as wire harnessing, electric insulation, automotive body repairs, masking, and surface protection
- Rise in usage of insulating adhesive tape in automotive interior parts to provide better resistance and excellent adhesion ability is likely to propel the insulating adhesive tape market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Emission of VOC Content Likely to Hamper Market
- Manufacture of tapes, particularly pressure-sensitive insulating adhesive tapes, carries major environmental concerns
- Environmental regulations affect the pressure-sensitive tape technology in two areas: manufacturing process and product design. Solvent-based adhesives are primarily used for insulating adhesive tapes. Solvent-based adhesives contain a significant level of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which can lead to smog formation and asthma irritations. It is often a reason for environmental concerns worldwide. Hence, emission of VOCs during production of tapes is likely to act as a restraint for the insulating adhesive tape market.
Polyvinyl Chloride Type Segment Held Major Share in 2018
- The polyvinyl chloride type segment is expected to hold major share of the global insulating adhesive tape market in 2018. Polyvinyl chloride backings typically exude characteristics such as durability, low flammability, and printability. They are weather resistant albeit temperature sensitive. They can also be embossed.
- Polyvinyl chloride can be produced in rigid and soft configurations. Rigid polyvinyl chloride is primarily used as the backing for carton sealing tapes. Soft polyvinyl chloride is a commonly used backing for insulating tapes and masking tapes.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Large Share of Global Insulating Adhesive Tape Market
- In terms of region, the global insulating adhesive tape market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of volume and revenue, Asia Pacific is expected to constitute the key share of global insulating adhesive tape market in 2018. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period, led by the strong economic growth in countries such as India, China, and Japan.
- North America and Europe are mature regions of the global insulating adhesive tape market with presence of various small scale players and local manufacturing facilities. The U.S. and Italy are among the key producers of insulating adhesive tapes.
- Middle East & Africa is also an attractive region of the global insulating adhesive tape market owing to the significant increase in commercial & infrastructure activities and existing low market penetration in the region. The market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Emerging countries such as Brazil and Mexico offer lucrative opportunities to the insulating adhesive tape market in Latin America. The market in the region is likely to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, led by rapid infrastructure development and growth in packaging and automotive industries.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Market
The global insulating adhesive tape market is highly fragmented, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share. Key players operating in the insulating adhesive tape market include
- Intertape Polymer Group
- Plymouth Rubber Europa, S.A.
- Denka Company Limited
Global Insulating Adhesive Tape Market: Research Scope
Global Insulating Adhesive Tape Market, by Type
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Global Insulating Adhesive Tape Market, by End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Insulating Adhesive Tape Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.