Infusion Catheters Market: Introduction
- Infusion catheters are inserted in large veins and arteries. Fluids, drugs or blood products can be infused or blood sample can be drawn using an infusion catheter.
- Infusion catheter is used for localized perfusion of various diagnostic and therapeutic agents into the coronary and peripheral vasculature
- Infusion catheter consists of a pressure response outlet, which allow even distribution of drugs throughout the length of the catheter. Infusion catheter also consist of radioplaque markers, which help health care professionals of easy placement of infusion catheters.
- Companies operating in the global infusion catheter market are manufacturing infusion catheters, which can be placed with or without a guidewire. Meditronic offers a valve tip single-lumen infusion catheter, which does not require tip-occluding guidewire and is effective for streamline patient care.
- Infusion catheters available in market for sonohysterography consist of balloonless configuration, which is ideal for postmenopausal patients with stenotic cervical canals, and nulliparous patients
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Infusion Catheters Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Infusion Catheters Market
- The global infusion catheters market is likely to be driven by increase in geriatric population. Rise in geriatric populations increases the prevalence of cardiovascular disease. Hence, increase in the prevalence rate of cardiovascular diseases is anticipated to drive the global infusion catheters market during the forecast period.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, around 900,000 individuals are affected by deep vein thrombosis each year in the United States
- Technological advancements in catheters, such as split technology facilitates consistent infusion and even distribution of pharmacologic agent. This, in turn, is contributing to the growth of the global infusion catheters market.
- Angioplasty-drug infusion catheter can be used for infusion of urokinase at the site of angioplasty, while it can also perform effective angioplasty. Thus, availability of dual-purpose infusion catheter is expected to propel the global infusion catheter market during the forecast period.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Infusion Catheters Market
- North America was the leading market for infusion catheters in 2018, driven by increase in incidences of chronic and age-related diseases, owing to rapid growth in the geriatric population in the U.S., which undergoes catheterization as a part of treatment. Favorable reimbursement policies by the U.S. Government is anticipated to augment the market in the region during the forecast period.
- According to the U.S. Census Board, people older than 65 years represented around 15% of the total population. This percentage is expected to increase by an estimated 20% by 2030.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the rapidly growing market for infusion catheters during the forecast period. The infusion catheters market in Asia Pacific market is anticipated to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period due to rise in prevalence rate of urology diseases, which has fueled the need for infusion catheters. Infusion catheters induce minimal trauma when inserted into cervical while ultrasound examination of the uterus.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Infusion Catheters Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Infusion Catheters Market
Major players in the global infusion catheters market are:
- Merit Medical Systems.
- CooperSurgical, Inc.
- Getinge AB
- Ablative Solutions, Inc.
Global Infusion Catheters Market: Research Scope
Global Infusion Catheters Market, by Application
- Catheter Directed Thrombolysis (CDT)
- Infusion Therapy
Global Infusion Catheters Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Specialty Clinics
Global Infusion Catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.