Fruit Granulates Market Outlook
Escalating demand for healthy products has contributed towards the indulgence trend among consumers across the globe. Fruits and vegetables have always been on the forefront due to their nutritional properties. Consumers are looking for different flavors and nutritional content in the food they consume which is pushing the use of fruit granulates across several categories of food products. Fruit granulates are agglomerates of powdered fruits which are prepared into free flowing larger granules or small compact granulates. Fruit granulates are prepared by drying and extracting the water from the fruit pulp, puree and juices. Fruit granulates are used as ingredients in hot and ready to eat cereals, bakery products such as cookies, fruit bars, baby food and across several other food products. The global market for fruit granulates is expected to witness considerable growth during the forecast period owing to consumers changing taste and preference for natural flavors.
Fruit Granulates Market: Reasons for Covering this Title
Manufacturers across the food industry are focusing on minimizing the food waste and at the same time creating healthy snack. Apart from this, growing clean label trend among consumers have pushed the manufacturers to launch food products with natural flavors and tastes which has significantly contributed towards growing use of fruit granulates across several industrial sectors. Also, growing industry’s effort to reduce the food waste has resulted in increasing number of food products manufacturers to invest in processing equipment used for extracting and developing new ingredient, apple granules from the fruit pulp and juice. To cite an example, in august 2017, two Danish based firms Wish and Vesterhavsmost together created value added bakery ingredients from fruit pulp waste. Vesterhavsmost is a Denmark based apple producer and juice manufacturer. The apple granules are used in food industry for baked goods such as pancakes, muffins, cookies and other food products. Apart from this the fruit granulates are used as toppings for several food items. Markets such as North America and Europe continue to be one of the prominent leaders in the fruit granulates market owing to rising consumer awareness with respect to the healthy snackification. All these factors together are expected to help accelerate the market growth of fruit granulates in the near term.
Global Fruit Granulates: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global fruit granulates market has been segmented as –
On the basis of product type, the global fruit granulates market has been segmented as –
- Apple Fruit Granulates
- Mango Fruit Granulates
- Pineapple Fruit Granulates
- Plum Fruit Granules
- Papaya Fruit Granulates
On the basis of processing technology the global fruit granulates market has been segmented as –
- Vacuum Dried
- Freeze Dried
- Oven Dried
- Sun Dried
On the basis of end use, the global fruit granulates market has been segmented as –
- Bakery Products
- Desserts and Ice Cream
- Baby Food
- Breakfast Creels
- Salad and Sausages
Global Fruit Granulates Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Fruit Granulates market are FruitSmart , Tree Top, Inc., Fruitofood, CALICO FOOD INGREDIENTS LTD, Kanegrade Ltd, Van Drunen Farms, Miracle Fruit Farm, LLC, Schilling Ltd., Paradise Fruits Solutions, CARAGUM PARSIAN INC., MEDURI FARMS, Carbocraft (Pty) Ltd, Fruitofood , among others.
- On 19th February 2018, Abakus Foods which is a U.K. based manufacturer of super food snacks launched crunchy jujube crisps and jujube crispy sprinkles for porridges or yogurt toppings and for other applications such as confectionary, beverages and others.
- In August 2012, WILD Flavors and Specialty Ingredients which is a manufacturer of flavors, colors, and beverage ingredients launched a new ice-cream coating, including the natural granules with fruit chunks as well as fruit-yogurt options.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Changing consumer’s food habits and inclination towards natural food products is one of the prominent factor which will lead to increasing application of fruit granulates across several categories in the global food industry. Manufacturers are largely dependent on new ingredients in order to increase their product value which is expected to push the market for fruit granulates in the near future. Furthermore, growing efforts to cut down the food waste will further help accelerate the market growth of fruit granulates across the globe.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, product type, processing technology and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the fruit granulates market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the fruit granulates market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends in the global fruit granulates market
- Detailed value chain analysis of the fruit granulates market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the global fruit granulates market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major fruit granulates market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario in the global fruit granulates market
- Analysis of the global fruit granulates market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key fruit granulates market participants
- Competitive landscape of the fruit granulates market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the fruit granulates market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.