Filling Fats Market Introduction
Filling fats are mixtures of sugar, fat, and ingredients providing flavors such as fruit pastes or essences, cocoa solids, nut paste, and milk solids. Filling fats are used in bakery products such as biscuits, cookies, toffee, and other baked goods. They are also used for enrobed filling in both soft and hard enrobing and for the fillings that have cooling effects.
Filling fats offer various benefits such as preventing bloom, increasing shelf life, suitable for warm climates and non-optimal storage conditions, improves nutritional profile and lower saturates, and suitable for products with high nut and high oil content. Food producers focus on various aspects while selecting suitable filling fats such as consistency of filling to fit character of end product, melting behavior of filling fat, and technology used during filling production and process.
Filling Fats Market- Notable Developments
- Cargill has launched a new range of filling fats in Europe known as CremoFLEX. These new filling fats can be tailored as per the need of the formulation and can be used in various products such as filled cookies, sandwich, biscuits, filled chocolates and wafers.
- In 2018, AAK conducted the survey of the US and European consumers found that more than 65% of consumers described chocolate as one of the permissible indulgence. In response to growing demand for chocolate fillings, manufacturers are producing confectionery and chocolate filling fats with hard and soft texture along with the focus on interaction of filling fats with other ingredients in the product.
Wilmar International Limited
Founded in 1991, Wilmar International Limited is located in Singapore. The company manufactures consumer products, specialty fats, edible oil refining, oilseeds crushing, and grain processing.
Intercontinental Specialty Fats SDN. BHD.
Founded in 1973, Intercontinental Specialty Fats SDN. BHD. Is located in Malaysia. The company produces specialty fats and oils for food products globally. It also offers fats and oils for enrobing, molding, and filing in confectionery and chocolate products.
Founded in 1975, IFFCO is located in UAE. The company produces range of consumer products including a specific range of filling fats and also offer low saturated fats and zero trans fats.
Founded in 1997, KONTI is located in Ukraine. The company produces wide range of confectionery products, cookies, soft biscuits, wafers, crackers, sweets and caramel.
Filling Fats Market Dynamics
Robust Growth in New Bakery Products Driving Demand for Filling Fats
The demand for bakery products is growing worldwide owing to the introduction of new bakery products with improved taste and flavors. Food companies are producing new types of cookies and biscuits with better appearance, texture, and flavor. For instance, biscuits with creamy chocolate center are being produced and on the other hand chocolates with center filling of chocolate or milk liquid are also being offered. All these new products in the bakery and confectionery industry are driving the demand for filling fats.
With wide application of filling fats in baked products, food producers in the filling fats market are focusing on producing fillings with reduced fat content in order to ensure microbial stability, offering mousse-like texture with low density, and to be used in moist products like cakes and pastries.
New Filling Fats for Better Properties and Reduced Fat Content in Food Products
New filling fats are being introduced by food producers to meet the customer demand for low fat, nutrition, and clean label products. Food companies are increasingly investing in the research and development of new filling fats with new ingredients for low-fat bakery and confectionery products. For instance, in 2016, AAK launched new brand of confectionery filling fats known as Confao with no hydrogenation and zero trans-fat.
Similarly, companies are introducing new filling fats offering various benefits such as
- Providing excellent flavor and mouthfeel
- Inhibiting moisture and oil migration and offering high stability
- Accelerate processing and ensuring minimal waste
- Provide excellent cooling sensation and steep melting
- Preventing blooming and ensuring prolonged shelf life
Producers in the filling fats market are also trying to deliver chocolates, biscuits, cookies, and cakes fillings that are low in saturated fatty acids along with cost-efficiency.
Technical Challenges leading to Deterioration of Product Shelf-Life
In terms of filling fats, maintaining product quality through the shelf-life of the product, especially when nuts are added to the recipe has emerged as one of the biggest challenges. Nuts are being added on a large scale in baked and confectionery products to offer premium product, with health benefits and crunchy texture. However, nut oil has the tendency to migrate from filling into chocolate coating, thereby, increasing the risk of bloom in the product.
Another challenge is improving product texture. It is difficult to decide which type of filling fat should be added to the product. For instance, soft filling fat leads to the challenge of maintaining quality of the product throughout its shelf-life owing to the faster migration of filling fats oil content to the surface of chocolate shell. This can also result in dryness of the filling fat in addition to the chocolate surface turning grey.
Filling Fats Market Segmentation
Based on the application, the filling fats market is segmented into
- Confectionery Fillings
- Chocolate Center Fillings
- Biscuits/Wafer Fillings
Based on the texture, the filling fats market is segmented into
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the filling fats market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the filling fats market report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report on the filling fats market serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Filling fats market segments and sub-segments
- Filling fats market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand in the filling fats market
- Filling fats market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges in the filling fats market
- Filling fats market competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs in the filling fats market
- Filling fats market value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report on the filling fats market has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The filling fats market report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the filling fats market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in filling fats market dynamics
- Filling fats market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the filling fats market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments in the filling fats market
- Filling fats market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional filling fats markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the filling fats market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the filling fats market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.