Ethylidene Norbornene Market Introduction:
- Ethylidene norbornene is a colorless liquid intermediate monomer with an odor of turpentine. It is produced from vinyl norbornene. Ethylidene norbornene is generally used in the production of ethylene-propylene diene monomer (EPDM) rubber.
- Ethylidene norbornene is used in the production of ethylene-propylene diene monomer (EPDM) elastomers that are employed in the production of synthetic rubber (EPDM rubber). Ethylene-propylene diene monomer rubber is used in various applications such as automotive vehicles, food containers, and electrical & electronic equipment.
- In terms of end-use industry, the global ethylidene norbornene market can be segmented into automotive, construction, electrical & electronics, fragrance, and others. The automotive segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for ethylene propylene diene monomer in automotive applications.
Key Drivers of Ethylidene Norbornene Market
- Excellent properties of ethylidene norbornene are boosting its application in industries such as automotive, construction, electrical & electronics, and fragrance. Ethylidene norbornene possesses strong chemical and mechanical properties such as fast curing, high tensile strength, and high wear & weather resistance. Consequently, ethylidene norbornene is used in diverse industry verticals such as automotive, electrical & electronics, and building & construction.
- Increase in demand for ethylidene norbornene in automotive and construction industries is expected to augment the ethylidene norbornene market during the forecast period. Rapid urbanization and increase in production & sales of automotive vehicles in developing and developed economies are projected to boost the demand for ethylidene norbornene in various end-use industries, thereby driving the market.
Restraints of Ethylidene Norbornene Market
- Fluctuation in prices of raw materials is projected to hamper the global ethylidene norbornene market. Raw materials such as vinyl norbornene, cyclopentadiene, and 1, 3 butadiene are used in preparation of ethylidene norbornene materials. These raw materials are experiencing unstable prices, as the supply chain has been disrupted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These raw materials experience periodic fluctuation in demand. This significantly affects their prices.
- Lack of universal directives pertaining to applications of ethylidene norbornene is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of ethylidene norbornene. Companies find it difficult to comply with these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the ethylidene norbornene market, thereby hampering the market.
- Lack of awareness and low rate of adoption of ethylidene norbornene in several developed and underdeveloped countries are also projected to restrain the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact on Ethylidene Norbornene Market
- Market players operating in the ethylidene norbornene market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials. Thus, demand for ethylidene norbornene market is expected to decline in 2020.
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for ethylidene norbornene in several applications. Governments of various countries across the globe enforced lockdowns to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. This is hampering demand for ethylidene norbornene.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Hydrogenated Polydecene Market
- In terms of region, the global ethylidene norbornene market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the market during the forecast period owing to the rapidly expanding building & construction industry in the region. Rise in disposable income and improvement in standard of living of the people in various countries in Asia Pacific are boosting the demand for automotive vehicles. This, in turn, is augmenting the demand for ethylidene norbornene.
- Rapid expansion in the building & construction industry in China, India, Japan, and South Korea is expected to increase the consumption of ethylidene norbornene in the building & construction end-use industry, thereby boosting the market in these countries
- The market in North America is also expected to expand at considerable pace during forecast period owing to presence of well-established automotive players in the U.S. and Canada
- Europe is expected to hold vital share of the global ethylidene norbornene market during the forecast period owing to presence of many automotive players in the region and increase in renovation and reconstruction activities in the construction industry
Prominent Market Players Operating in Global Ethylidene Norbornene Market
Major players operating in the global ethylidene norbornene market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- INEOS Oxide
- Dow Chemical
- Exxon Mobil Corporation and Uniroyal (Crompton)
- Ningbo Titan Unichem Co., Ltd (China)
- CHEMOS GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
- Crescent Chemical Company (US)
- Beyond Industries Limited (China)
- Simagchem Corp (China)
- Hangzhou Dayangchem Co. Ltd (China)
Research Scope: Global Ethylidene Norbornene Market
Global Ethylidene Norbornene Market, by Grade
Global Ethylidene Norbornene Market, End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.