Energy Crop Market: Introduction
- Energy crop are used for the production of energy. These crops are converted into various forms of fuel such as pellets, bioethanol, and biogas. These fuels -are used to generate power or heat.
- The usage of energy crops has been rising since the last few years, as they are cheaper and low maintenance vis-à-vis traditional fossil fuel
- Companies are focusing on developing better quality crops that can grow faster and have better biomass to provide maximum yield in a short time
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Energy Crop Market
- Rise in industrialization and urbanization across the globe is estimated to be a key driver of the energy crop market. Demand for energy has been increasing significantly across the world since the last few years. This is expected to drive the global energy crop market.
- Implementation of stringent rules and regulations to minimize carbon emission due to combustion of fossil fuel is another key driver of the energy crop market. This has encouraged companies to focus on better, cleaner, and cheaper fuel. Energy crops are providing cleaner and cheaper solution.
- Increase in usage of renewable energy such as solar, wind, and hydro is estimated to restrain the energy crop market in the near future. Various companies are investing in renewable energy sources. This is projected to adversely affect the global energy crop market during forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Energy Crop Market: Segmentation
- The global energy crop market can be segmented based on feedstock, application, product, end-user, and region
- In terms of feedstock, the global energy crop market can be classified into maize, Sudan grass, willow, poplar, sugarcane, and others. Rise in demand for Sudan grass, maize, and sugarcane is likely to drive the market.
- Based on application, the global energy crop market can be bifurcated into power generation and heat generation. The power generation segment is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR, owing the increase in demand for electricity across the globe due to an industrialization and urbanization.
- In terms of product, the global energy crop market can be segregated into biomass, biogas, bioethanol, and biodiesel. The biomass segment is expected to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the global market can be split into residential, commercial, industrial, and utilities. The industrial segment is expected to lead the market due to a rise in industrialization across the globe. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
Global Energy Crop Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global energy crop market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global energy crop market in 2018. The market in the region is projected to expand during the forecast period, owing to a rise in infrastructure, industrialization, and initiatives by governments to provide electricity to all parts of their respective countries.
- The market in North America is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period owing to rapid increase in infrastructure and industrialization in the U.S. and Canada
- Europe is estimated to be a key region of the global energy crop market in the near future. Significant number of projects are being undertaken by various countries in the region, such as Sweden, Germany, Italy, and France, to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.
- The energy crop market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. Increase in investments in the production of bio-based energy in developing counties is expected to drive the energy crops market in these regions during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Market
- Acciona SA
- John Wood Group Plc
- ANDRITZ AG
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc.
- ENGIE SA
- Drax Group Plc
- General Electric Co.
- Ameresco Inc.
- ON SE
- Vattenfall AB
Global Energy Crop Market: Research Scope
Global Energy Crop Market, by Feedstock
- Sudan grass
Global Energy Crop Market, by Application
- Power Generation
- Heat Generation
Global Energy Crop Market, by Product
Global Energy Crop Market, by End-user
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.