Energy Crop Market: Introduction
- Energy crop are used for the production of energy. These crops are converted into various forms of fuel such as pellets, bioethanol, and biogas. These fuels -are used to generate power or heat.
- The usage of energy crops has been rising since the last few years, as they are cheaper and low maintenance vis-à-vis traditional fossil fuel
- Companies are focusing on developing better quality crops that can grow faster and have better biomass to provide maximum yield in a short time
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Energy Crop Market
- Rise in industrialization and urbanization across the globe is estimated to be a key driver of the energy crop market. Demand for energy has been increasing significantly across the world since the last few years. This is expected to drive the global energy crop market.
- Implementation of stringent rules and regulations to minimize carbon emission due to combustion of fossil fuel is another key driver of the energy crop market. This has encouraged companies to focus on better, cleaner, and cheaper fuel. Energy crops are providing cleaner and cheaper solution.
- Increase in usage of renewable energy such as solar, wind, and hydro is estimated to restrain the energy crop market in the near future. Various companies are investing in renewable energy sources. This is projected to adversely affect the global energy crop market during forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Energy Crop Market: Segmentation
- The global energy crop market can be segmented based on feedstock, application, product, end-user, and region
- In terms of feedstock, the global energy crop market can be classified into maize, Sudan grass, willow, poplar, sugarcane, and others. Rise in demand for Sudan grass, maize, and sugarcane is likely to drive the market.
- Based on application, the global energy crop market can be bifurcated into power generation and heat generation. The power generation segment is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR, owing the increase in demand for electricity across the globe due to an industrialization and urbanization.
- In terms of product, the global energy crop market can be segregated into biomass, biogas, bioethanol, and biodiesel. The biomass segment is expected to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the global market can be split into residential, commercial, industrial, and utilities. The industrial segment is expected to lead the market due to a rise in industrialization across the globe. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
Global Energy Crop Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global energy crop market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global energy crop market in 2018. The market in the region is projected to expand during the forecast period, owing to a rise in infrastructure, industrialization, and initiatives by governments to provide electricity to all parts of their respective countries.
- The market in North America is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period owing to rapid increase in infrastructure and industrialization in the U.S. and Canada
- Europe is estimated to be a key region of the global energy crop market in the near future. Significant number of projects are being undertaken by various countries in the region, such as Sweden, Germany, Italy, and France, to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.
- The energy crop market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. Increase in investments in the production of bio-based energy in developing counties is expected to drive the energy crops market in these regions during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Market
- Acciona SA
- John Wood Group Plc
- ANDRITZ AG
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc.
- ENGIE SA
- Drax Group Plc
- General Electric Co.
- Ameresco Inc.
- ON SE
- Vattenfall AB
Global Energy Crop Market: Research Scope
Global Energy Crop Market, by Feedstock
- Sudan grass
Global Energy Crop Market, by Application
- Power Generation
- Heat Generation
Global Energy Crop Market, by Product
Global Energy Crop Market, by End-user
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.