Ear Speculum: Introduction
- Speculum is a device that is used by the physician to view inside any hollow part of the body to diagnose or treat disease. It is made up of stainless steel, plastic, and metal. Various types of speculum are ear speculum, vaginal speculum, anal speculum, and nasal speculum.
- Ear speculum is a funnel-shaped device inserted into the auditory canal of the ear, used for examination at the ear canal and ear drum. The doctor is able to see through the speculum to look for diseases of the ear canal, wax buildup, foreign objects, eardrum perforation, and other issues.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Ear Speculum Market
- The global ear speculum market is primarily driven by new product launch, technological advanced products, and a rise in number of patient visits to ENT clinics. Several companies operating in the market have launched disposable ear speculums, which can help prevent cross contamination and enable healthcare professionals to maintain hygiene.
- Increase in surgical & medical interventions and a rise in trends in cosmetic ear surgery are projected to drive the market during the forecast period
- According to The Aesthetic Society, there were 11,989 and 10,724 cosmetic ear surgeries in 2019 and 2018, respectively. It also stated that in 2019, men underwent 34.8% of all ear surgeries.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Stainless Steel Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Ear Speculum Market
- In terms of type, the global ear speculum market can be classified into chrome, plastic, stainless steel, and others
- The stainless steel segment is anticipated to dominate the global ear speculum market during the forecast period, due to an increase in the demand for better patient care and rise in preference of stainless steel ear speculum over plastic ear speculum
Surgery Segment to Gain Prominent Share of Global Ear Speculum Market
- Based on application, the global ear speculum market can be categorized into surgery, diagnosis, and others
- The surgery segment is expected to account for a major share of the global ear speculum market by 2030. This is attributed to a rise in the importance of ear surgeries for cosmetic purposes and an increase in awareness about ear surgery for better appearance among adults
North America to Dominate Global Ear Speculum Market
- In terms of region, the global ear speculum market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global ear speculum market during the forecast period.
- The market in North America is anticipated to be driven by a rise in prevalence of ear diseases, increase in expenditure on facial care, and rise in disposable income. Furthermore, an increase in number of women opting for ear surgeries and rise in the demand for better instruments for ear examination are projected to drive the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Ear Speculum Market
The global ear speculum market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global ear speculum market are:
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Welch Allyn
- Cooper Surgical
- Sklar Surgical
- Surtex Instruments Limited.
- Integra Lifesciences Corporation
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BD)
- OBP Medical
- Timesco Healthcare Ltd.
- Sheffmed Limited
- Hammarplast Medical AB
- Millennium Surgical Corp
- Pelican Feminine Healthcare
Global Ear Speculum Market: Research Scope
Global Ear Speculum Market, by Material
- Stainless steel
Global Ear Speculum Market, by Application
Global Ear Speculum Market, by Type
Global Ear Speculum Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!