Dental Polymerization Lamps Market: Introduction
- Dental polymerization lamps are used to polymerize light-cured resin-based materials.
- Resin-based restorative materials are required in almost all modern dentistry procedures. Almost all resin-based restorative products in dentistry use the same basic monomer family and polymerization mechanism ? Free radical addition polymerization of methacrylates and vinyl.
- Photopolymerization works by using light energy to activate a photoinitiator; a molecule that can absorb light and generates reactive species (free radicals) that initiate polymerization. A variety of light sources may be used for photopolymerization in dentistry as long as the wavelength of the light matches the absorption range of the photoinitiator with sufficient energy.
- Light emitting diode (LED) lights and Quartz Tungsten Halogen (QTH) lights are commonly utilized in dental polymerization lamps
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Dental Polymerization Lamps Market
- Dental infectious diseases are generally referred to as tooth decay, dental cavities, or dental caries, which are common oral diseases. These lead to demineralization of the organic substance in the tooth. Incidence of dental caries among both adults and children has been gradually increasing globally. Usually, dentists clean the decayed tooth by using common treatments, such as crowns, root canal, fillings, and extraction. These treatment procedures use composite resin material to seal the empty part of the tooth. Increase in incidence of dental cavity and periodontal disease is a major factor driving the dental polymerization lamps market.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 47.2% of the population in the U.S. above 30 years of age suffers from periodontal disease. Furthermore, around 90% of the young population in the U.S. suffers from dental cavity problem.
- Favorable private health insurance that boosts the demand for expensive procedures, such as elective dentistry and cosmetic, is propelling the dental polymerization lamps market
- Furthermore, rise in geriatric population with dental problems is also expected to drive the dental polymerization lamps market
- However, improved self-care practices in developed countries, such as, Germany, the U.S., and the U.K. are curbing the dental patient pool. These are the major restraints of the dental polymerization lamps market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Dental Polymerization Lamps Market
- In terms of geography, the global dental polymerization lamps market is segmented into five regions; North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global dental polymerization lamps market due to extensive adoption of high-end dental procedures and well-established health insurance coverage. Presence of good healthcare policies, favorable government initiatives in implementing dental procedure coverage, and gradually improving reimbursement scenario are likely to further propel the dental polymerization lamps market in the region.
- Europe is the second leading market for dental polymerization lamps due to enhanced health care processes, along with better health care policies and implementation of high dental health care concerns in the region. Prevalence of favorable reimbursement policies in developed countries, such as, Germany and the U.K., with established regulatory framework, focusing on patient safety and high treatment efficacy standards, are expected to enhance the growth of the dental polymerization lamps market.
- The dental polymerization lamps market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in healthcare infrastructure and an increase in awareness regarding dental problem treatment options in the region. Moreover, a surge in geriatric population with dental problems is likely to further propel the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Dental Polymerization Lamps Market
The global dental polymerization lamps market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for products to treat polymer-based restorative materials has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global dental polymerization lamps market.
Major players operating in the global dental polymerization lamps market are listed below:
- 3M Company
- Acteon Group Ltd.
- Dentlight LLC.
- Kerr Corporation
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG
- Dentsply Sirona
- VOCO GmbH
- BonART Co., Ltd.
- COLTENE Group
- Ultradent Products, Inc.
- Other Prominent Players
Global Dental Polymerization Lamps Market: Research Scope
Global Dental Polymerization Lamps Market, by Type
- Quartz-tungsten-halogen (QTH)
- Light-emitting diode (LED)
- Plasma arc curing (PAC)
Global Dental Polymerization Lamps Market, by End-user
- Dental Clinics
Global Dental Polymerization Lamps Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.