Cholesterol Testing Kit Market: Introduction
Cholesterol is a wax-like, fatty substance found in our body. The liver prepares and quantifies the cholesterol needed by the body according to the requirement. The extra cholesterol produce is termed as the bad cholesterol. If the cholesterol level exceeds the required quantity in the body, it can build up on walls of arteries termed as plaque and eventually harden. This process is called atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis narrows the arteries, making it harder for blood to travel through the vessels, leading to cardiovascular diseases. Unfortunately, high cholesterol doesn't cause symptoms. In later stages of atherosclerosis, it may cause an individual to suffer angina -- severe chest pain from lack of blood flow to the heart. If an artery gets totally blocked, it can result in a heart attack.
A routine blood cholesterol test should be done to find out the level of cholesterol deposition. According to the American Heart Association, atherosclerosis is a slow, progressive disease that may start in childhood. In some people, atherosclerosis progresses rapidly in their 30s. In others, it does not become dangerous until they reach their 50s or 60s. According to FDA, the total cholesterol level should be 200mg/dL or less, according to recommendations in the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Third Adult Treatment Panel (ATP III). According to the NCEP, the recommended LDL values should be less than 100 mg/dL, HDL values greater or equal to 40 mg/dL, and triglyceride values less than 150 mg/dL.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Cholesterol Testing Kit Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Cholesterol Testing Kit Market
Rise in Prevalence of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Worldwide, 17.6 million people died of cardiovascular conditions in 2016, compared to 17.9 million in 2015
- Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are disorders of heart and blood vessels. They include coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, rheumatic heart disease, and other conditions.
- Cardiovascular diseases is the leading cause of mortality in the U.S., followed closely by cancer and chronic respiratory diseases
- According to the report, about 48% of the adult population in the U.S. is living with a form of cardiovascular disease
Growth of Geriatric Population
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2010, over 285 million people across the world were visually impaired, of whom 39 million were blind and 246 million had moderate to severe visual impairment
- Increase in aging population and predominant Western lifestyle which is also being adopted in developing countries, combine to produce higher population levels of cholesterol and atherogenic dyslipidemia.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Cholesterol Testing Kit Market
- North America is expected to hold major share of the global cholesterol testing kit market during the forecast period. The cholesterol testing kit market in North America is estimated to expand at a rapid pace in the near future, primarily, due to structured reimbursement policies, increase in prevalence of obesity & cardiovascular diseases, developed health care infrastructure, and continuous research activities in developing advanced technologies in North America.
- The cholesterol testing kit market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to growing trend of preventive health care measures in North America.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Cholesterol Testing Kit Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Cholesterol Testing Kit Market
The global cholesterol testing kit market is highly concentrated, due to strong presence of a few key players. Several manufacturers hold major share in the cholesterol testing kit market in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global cholesterol testing kit market are:
- AccuTech LLC
- Akers Biosciences, Inc.
- Alere, Inc.
- Bioptik, Ltd.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- General Life Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- PTS Diagnostics, Inc.
Global Cholesterol Testing Kit Market: Research Scope
Global Cholesterol Testing Kit Market, by Product Type
- Test Strip Kits
- Analyzer Kits
Global Cholesterol Testing Kit Market, by Test
- Total Cholesterol Test
- HDL Cholesterol Test
- LDL Cholesterol Test
- Triglycerides/VLDL Cholesterol Test
Global Cholesterol Testing Kit Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home Care Settings
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Cholesterol Testing Kit Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.