Calcium stearoyl lactylate is a chemical product that finds widespread application as an additive in many food products. It is known by various names, such as CSL, calcium stearoyl-2 lactylate and calcium stearoyl lactylate. The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has permitted calcium stearoyl lactylate for direct addition to food for human consumption. Calcium stearoyl lactylate is also known by E number E482. It is used in food and cosmetic industries as a surfactant, an emulsifier and a stabilizer. Calcium stearoyl lactylate is also used in the manufacturing of packaging materials. In addition, CSL also finds applications in pharmaceutical, healthcare and personal care sectors.
Calcium Stearoyl as a Food Additive
Calcium stearoyl lactylate is extensively used as a food additive in a wide variety of products such as desserts, pancakes, cereals, pasta, noodles, dumplings, toppings and frozen desserts. It also finds application in baked goods, especially yeast-leavened products, and is also used as a dough strengthener in bakeries.
Global Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate Market: Segmentation
On the basis of packaging, the global calcium stearoyl lactylate market has been segmented as:
- Paper Bags
On the basis of functionality, the global calcium stearoyl lactylate market has been segmented as:
On the basis of end use, the global calcium stearoyl lactylate market has been segmented as:
- Food Processing
- Others (Packaging, Pharmaceuticals, Health and Personal Care)
Global Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate Market: Market Participants
Some of the major manufacturers and distributors of calcium stearoyl lactylate include ZHENGZHOU YIZELI INDUSTRIAL Co., Ltd, BOC Sciences, Parchem fine & specialty chemicals, Nikko Chemicals, Riken Vitamin, AN PharmaTech Co., Ltd, Hangzhou Gengyang Chemical Materials Co., Ltd., ChemTik, Niacet, Dow Corning Corporation, DSM nutritional products, Foodchem International Corporation, and Graham Chemical. Apart from these, many other manufacturers and industrialists have been showing a keen interest in calcium stearoyl lactylate which would enhance market growth in coming years.
Opportunities for Market Participants:
Attributing to the widespread applications of calcium stearoyl lactylate in the food industry as a stabilizer and emulsifier, the demand for calcium stearoyl lactylate has been escalating globally. In addition, calcium stearoyl lactylate is also used in various cosmetic products as a surfactant and stabilizer. The rapid growth of the food industry, specifically bakery and confectionery segments, is also expected to boost the demand for calcium stearoyl lactylate in the future. Also, calcium stearoyl lactylate is used in packaging, which is expected to further enhance the demand globally.
- A large number of people globally are lactose intolerant, and calcium stearoyl lactylate can be consumed by the lactose intolerant population as it does not contain residual lactose. This factor is expected to enhance the demand for calcium stearoyl lactylate globally in the coming years
Global Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate Market: Regional Outlook
Calcium stearoyl lactylate registers ample demand from all over the world due to its growing applications in food and cosmetic industries. Globally, among all regions, Asia Pacific witnesses relatively high consumption of calcium stearoyl lactylate, due to the growth of cosmetic and food industries in the region. North America is a prominent producer of calcium stearoyl lactylate as the region has a significant chemical industry and growing cosmetic and food industries.
The Middle East and Africa region is pegged to be a promising market for calcium stearoyl lactylate, owing to the rapid economic growth in the region. In Latin America, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries are slated to witness sound growth over the forecast period, which in turn is expected to propel the growth of the calcium stearoyl lactylate market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.