Bus Air Compressor: Introduction
- The source of the compressed air is the compressor, which draws air from the atmosphere and compresses (pressurizes) it. The compressed air is subsequently pumped through an airline to a supply reservoir. The compressor is mounted on the engine of the bus.
- The air compressor pumps air into the air storage tanks (reservoirs). The air compressor is connected to the engine through gears or a v-belt. The compressor may be air cooled or may be cooled by the engine cooling system. It may have its own oil supply or be lubricated by engine oil. Air compressors generate the pressurized air used in the braking system, air suspension, and other air-based applications in a bus.
Key Drivers of Global Bus Air Compressor Market:
- Buses play an important role in cities, worldwide, ensuring passengers travel between destinations in comfort and safety. At the same time, the costs associated with fuel for buses and bus maintenance and repairs may cause issues for public transportation providers. These costs may even lead some public transportation providers to increase passenger fees as well. However, a new air compressor innovation may make it simple for bus drivers to conserve energy any time they hit the brakes.
- Once a bus driver hits the brakes and the bus begins to slow down, the force of the vehicle braking would power the engine’s pistons with the help of air hybrid braking system. Then, the compressed air created from braking would be stored in an air storage tank on the vehicle and used to help power the vehicle. Hybrid vehicles are gaining popularity, worldwide, and buses that have the ability to generate energy and store it as compressed air could offer numerous benefits for public transportation providers and passengers alike. All these factors are anticipated to boost the bus air compressor market across the globe.
- Demand for air conditioning is increasing owing to a rise in the demand for comfort in commercial vehicles, such as buses and coaches, while driving. Moreover, an increase in temperature in the vehicle cabin increases the discomfort for driver and passengers within the vehicle while traveling, which further propels the demand for air conditioning in vehicles. Therefore, a rise in the demand for AC increases the demand for compressors in vehicles.
- Air conditioning systems have become an essential feature of all types of vehicles including passenger cars, heavy commercial vehicles, and light commercial vehicles. Furthermore, compressors remove heat and provide cooling inside vehicles, which in turn is projected to boost the bus air compressor market in the near future.
Electric Air Compressor to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- Manufacturers of bus compressors are constantly improving fuel efficiency of their compressors in an attempt to minimize air pollution and prevent global warming. Design improvement is likely to propel the need for lightweight and compact solutions. Various manufacturers are developing compressors in order to cater to this demand and offer a variable output displacement as per the external variables such as driving speed, sunlight, and surrounding temperature.
- The traditional belt-driven air compressor increases the workload of the engine, which in turn reduces the performance and efficiency of the vehicle, thus resulting in higher emissions. These concerns prompted people and automobile manufacturers to adopt fuel efficient and environmental solutions. Thus, an increase in the demand for fuel-efficient and environment-friendly solutions is propelling the demand for electric air compressor. This, in turn, offers opportunity for the bus air compressor market across the globe.
High cost and higher initial investment in R&D to Hamper Market:
- Design, manufacture, and assembly of a bus compressor needs considerable precision, advanced R&D facilities, and more advanced technology. Furthermore, it requires technical expertise and high investment. Advancements in material, components, and systems boost the price of the air compressor. Maintenance issues, technical restraints, and high prices of luxury vehicles are expected to act as minor restraints for the market during the forecast period.
- A major retraining factor for bus compressor market is the manufacture of electric air compressor. Several professionals working at automobile repair shops are not acquainted with this new system. Moreover, electric air compressors require additional heavy duty electrical wiring. This increases the complexity in repair and maintenance of these systems and overall cost. These concerns related to costs are restraining the bus air compressor market across the globe.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Bus Air Compressor Market:
- North America accounted for a major share of the global bus air compressor market. North America has major presence of developed countries that are home to advanced research and development facilities for bus air compressor, which is likely to enhance the use of compressors across the region. The U.S. dominates the bus air compressor market in North America. Expansion of the market in the region is attributed to an increase in usage of air compressor due to a rise in the number of passenger and commercial vehicles in the U.S. and Canada. This, in turn, boosts the bus air compressor market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global bus air compressor market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the market. A few key players operating and potential in the global bus air compressor market are:
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Denso Corporation
- Hanon Systems
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems Co.
- Marelli Holdings Co., Ltd.
- MAHLE GmbH
- MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- Rheinmetall AG
- SANDEN HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- Subros Limited.
- T/CCI Manufacturing
- TOYOTA INDUSTRIES CORPORATION
- Valeo SA
- Voith GmbH & Co. KGaA
Global Bus Air Compressor Market: Research Scope
Global Bus Air Compressor Market, by Type
- Air Compressor
- Rotary Screw Compressor
- Reciprocating Air Compressor
- Axial Compressor
- Centrifugal Compressor
- Electric Air Compressor
Global Bus Air Compressor Market, by Bus Type
- Diesel Bus
- Gasoline Bus – Petrol/CNG
- Electric Bus
- Hybrid Electric Bus
- Full Electric Bus
- Fuel Cell Bus
Global Bus Air Compressor Market, by Application
- Air Conditioning (AC)
- Air Brakes
Global Bus Air Compressor Market, by Sales Channel
Global Bus Air Compressor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.