Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market
Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market (Loader Type: Front Loaders, Rear Loaders, Automated Side Loaders [ASL], Pneumatic Collection, and Grapple Trucks; Technology: Manual and Semi-automatic; Vehicle Type: Light Duty Vehicle, Medium Duty Vehicle, and Heavy Duty Vehicle; and Application: Residential and Non-residential) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Decreased Waste Generation Influencing Vehicle Manufacturing during COVID-19 Pandemic
The Association of Cities and Regions for Sustainable Resource Management (ACR+) conducted a survey on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on municipal waste management systems. Companies in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market are taking cues from this survey to gain insights about the quantities collected, finances, communication to users, and health & safety measures. Vehicle manufacturers are aligning their production activities in a similar manner, since it has been found that municipal waste generation has decreased in most cities.
Companies in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market are gaining awareness that touristic areas are likely to generate decreased waste, especially in countries such as India, Canada, Singapore, and Australia. Efforts are being made to improve municipal waste sorting performances to prevent the spread of coronavirus among garbage collectors and waste pickers.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market
Dedicated Control Rooms Help in Tracking Waste Collection Vehicles
Though the waste collection vehicles at Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in India have tracking devices installed, there is a lack of dedicated rooms to keep a track on them. This has led to an initiative by the Solid Waste Management department to set up a command and control room with a video wall in the department’s Grant Road office, Mumbai, India. Companies in the India waste or garbage collection vehicle market are tapping into incremental opportunities in Mumbai, as municipal departments are eager to attach loudspeakers in several garbage collecting compactors that will play a Swachh Bharat theme song to creates awareness about waste processing and segregation.
Moreover, the BMC in Mumbai offers a rebate on property tax to societies that segregate their garbage and process wet waste on the premises.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Collaborations with University Students Improve Truck Designs
Innovative university projects are grabbing the attention of vehicle manufacturers in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market. MBA student Abby Rudd from the Arizona State University is gaining recognition for her Garbage Truck of the Future project, which is focused on solving real-world problems pertaining to waste management. Companies in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market are expected to collaborate with such students and researchers to innovate in safe and efficient models of trucks.
Vehicle manufacturers are expected to collaborate with design and business students to increase the availability of garbage collection trucks that meet engineering requirements and are economically feasible. Recycling and waste disposal companies are focused on gaining insights from university students and researchers in order to improve truck designs.
Hybrid Vans Gaining Prominence for Sustainable Waste Collection Activities
The waste or garbage collection vehicle market is estimated to reach a valuation of US$ 20 Bn by 2031. SafeGroup - a specialist in emergency soft FM and waste management service is being publicized for its hybrid cleaning & waste collection vehicles to make its services more responsive & sustainable for customers. Companies are taking cues from such trends and investing in modernization programs that make waste collection activities more productive, flexible, and sustainable.
Companies in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market are increasing their focus on fleet investment programs that include hybrid vehicles. In order to gain a competitive edge over other companies and service providers, stakeholders are providing first time fixes for waste & cleaning challenges whilst reducing vehicle mileages to lower the carbon footprint. Hybrid vans are a fast growing phenomenon in the market that involve technicians to ensure high health and safety standards for waste & cleaning activities.
Increasing Use of Environment-friendly High-tech Fleets by Service Providers in Europe
There is a growing demand for waste disposal vehicles and sweepers that work reliably, efficiently, and sustainably. FAUN Umwelttechnik GmbH & Co. KG - a Europe-based manufacturer of waste disposal vehicles, is offering tailor-made solutions for clients by combining innovation with the modern technology. Companies in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market are onboarding engineers and designers that are developing high-tech waste disposal vehicles that help clients to differentiate from its competitors.
Automakers in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market are increasing their R&D muscle to develop vehicles that sustainably reduce fuel consumption and emissions of hazardous materials and noise. Waste collection service providers in developing economies of Europe are aiming at establishing environment-friendly fleets.
Curb-to-Grid Waste Management Companies On Rise with Effective Rebranding
Rebranding is an innovative strategy being used by stakeholders in the global waste or garbage collection vehicle market. Wheelabrator Technologies Inc. is gaining popularity for integrating 10 leading waste industry businesses into a single company operating under the WIN Waste Innovations brand name with customer service and sustainability tagline Performance for the Planet. Vehicle manufacturers are taking cues from such trends to increase the availability for trucks & vans.
Reliable waste management solutions are being preferred by governments, from collections and hauling to transfer and disposal. Companies in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market are tying up with stakeholders that provide personal customer services in terms of waste and cleaning applications. Curb-to-grid waste management companies are enhancing customer service and delivering tailored solutions to residential and non-residential customers.
On-demand Collection of Waste Reducing Truck Emissions, Costs
Apart from breakthrough innovations in vehicles, companies in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market are adapting innovative environmental-friendly waste collection activities. Haulla - a company dedicated to help businesses save money on waste collection, is increasing efforts toward an automated and on-demand collection platform, which helps to reduce emissions owing to fewer truck pick-ups.
There is a need to break the information asymmetry in the waste management industry and help small business owners to secure the best deal for refuse collection. Waste management service providers are competing to provide the most affordable waste collection since other waste hauling companies charge their annual increase rate. Non-regular collection of waste is becoming a new trend in the garbage management industry. Innovative dumpsters are being fitted with fill-level sensors that enable on-demand collection of waste.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market
Several cities such as the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) in India have set specific collection routes for households with COVID-19 cases, while others imposed specific precautionary measures. The waste or garbage collection vehicle market is slated to clock a modest CAGR of ~4% during the assessment period. This is evident due to the lack of innovation in the waste management industry. Hence, companies should increase research, and adopt automated and on-demand waste collection activities that are time-, cost-, and fuel-efficient. Rebranding and integration of several waste industry businesses under a single brand name are contributing toward an economical and environment-friendly waste collection system.
Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market: Overview
- The global waste or garbage collection vehicle market is expected to reach the value of US$ 20 Bn by 2031. It is estimated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% from 2021 to 2031.
- Increase in proper waste disposal facilities, rise in concerns about public health, surge in awareness regarding environment safety, rapid industrialization, and governments’ initiatives to educate people about waste management and recycling are prominent factors driving the waste or garbage collection vehicles market across the globe
Drivers of Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market
- Rise in population and municipal solid waste generation is boosting spending by governments to ensure efficient working of wastewater treatment and solid waste management plants. Garbage collection vehicles are essential for the proper functioning of the waste management process. These factors is expected to propel the waste or garbage collection vehicle market in the near future.
- Manufacturers are also focused on the introduction of several technological advancements in garbage collection trucks, such as increasing the degree of automation and enhancing efficiency through reduction of downtime and noise. Furthermore, manufacturers are emphasizing on the introduction of new features such as real-time monitoring and several new equipment addition for collection waste from segregation and streets, which is likely to boost the waste or garbage collection vehicle market across the globe.
- Demand for waste compacter vehicles by local government bodies in urban areas responsible for complete handling and regulation of solid waste management around the world is also anticipated to rise considerably due to an increase in popularity among governing bodies for innovative compaction hydraulic technologies that are able compact larger quantities of waste. These factors are boosting the waste or garbage collection vehicle market.
Challenges for Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market
- Low awareness about advanced technologies and waste management among people of developing nations, such as Ghana, Sudan, Madagascar, and Pakistan is estimated to lead to reduced demand for technology and services. Zero-emission waste or garbage collection vehicles, which comprise multiple interfaces, is significantly expensive and hence, add to final cost of the vehicle. This, in turn, hampers the demand for waste or garbage collection vehicles. Moreover, cost is a major factor that influences vehicle sales in developing countries.
- The COVID-19 pandemic hampered majority of businesses across the globe, owing to the forced lockdown, which caused people to stay at home. The forced lockdown led to a decline in vehicle sales; subsequently, contracting the global waste or garbage collection vehicles. However, the global waste or garbage collection vehicle is projected to expand from 2021, owing to economic measures taken by governments to recover from financial losses caused by forced shutdown of business activities during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market: Segmentation
- The waste or garbage collection vehicle market has been segmented based on loader type, technology, application, vehicle type, and region
- Based on loader type, the rear loaders accounted for a major share of the global waste or garbage collection vehicle market in 2020. The segment accounted for more than 60% share of the market in 2020. The rear loader garbage vehicle requires only a single operator. It does not require a second person to manually empty the garbage container. A single operator means reduced overheads. It also eliminates common injuries associated with other type of loaders. Rear loaders are also beneficial for nonlinear streets, such as curved streets. This increases the ability to cater to areas not previously possible. All these factors are likely to boost the rear loaders segment during the forecast period.
- Based on technology, the manual technology accounted for a significant share of the global waste or garbage collection vehicle market in 2020. The segment accounted for more than 70% share of the market in 2020. Numerous municipalities are adopting vehicles to improve service using durable, easy to handle carts, along with manual operated technology and to encourage waste reduction and higher waste diversion rates. These factors fuel the manual technology segment across the globe.
- Based on vehicle type, the medium duty vehicles segment accounted for a major share of the global waste or garbage collection vehicle market in 2020. The segment accounted for more than 65% share of the market in 2020. Increase in per capita income, along with a rise in industrialization has fueled the sale of medium duty vehicles and heavy-duty vehicles across the globe in order to cater to the rise in demand for technological enhancements, which improve the collection process as well as segregation of wet and dry waste and awareness among consumers. Therefore, the trend of owning a vehicle is likely to increase among the population, thereby increasing the demand for medium duty vehicles. All these factors are likely to boost the medium duty vehicle segment during the forecast period.
Global Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global waste or garbage collection vehicle market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global waste or garbage collection vehicle market. Asia Pacific has major presence of developed countries that are home to advanced research and development facilities for waste or garbage collection vehicles, which is likely to enhance the collection process across the region. China dominates the waste or garbage collection vehicle market in Asia Pacific. China is the hub for automotive markets across the globe. Demand for autonomous collection vehicles in the market in China and India is increasing at a rapid pace, as various China- and India-based companies are launching vehicles with advanced technologies, which, in turn, is estimated to propel the waste or garbage collection vehicle market in China and India. The market is also driven by increasing sales of heavy dusty vehicles in countries such as China, Japan, India, and South Korea. Sales of heavy duty and medium duty vehicles in countries in ASEAN have been rising significantly for the past few years, which is also estimated to boost the waste or garbage collection vehicle market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market include
- AUTOCAR, LLC.
- AB NARPES TRA & METALL - NTM
- AMS Spa
- EcoZeta S.r.l.
- Environmental Solutions Group
- EOW INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION & MANUFACTURING LLC
- FAUN Umwelttechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- Fratelli Mazzocchia Spa
- GEP ECOTECH CO., LTD.
- MS DORSE
- Nord Engineering s.r.l.
- TERBERG ROSROCA GROUP
- Shandong Wuzheng Group Co., Ltd.
- XCMG Group
- Key players operating in the global waste or garbage collection vehicle market are expanding their presence by engaging in mergers and acquisition activities or by establishing new facilities. For instance, in August 2018, Superior Pak, Australia’s largest manufacturer and servicer of mobile waste equipment, announced a joint venture with FAUN Group, part of the worldwide operating KIRCHHOFF Group, Europe’s leading manufacturer of waste handling equipment and road sweepers. New technologies for vehicle drive systems combined with the expertise of both partners in the production of class leading waste disposal and collection equipment are likely to reinforce the strong future ahead for manufacturing in Australia and the abilities of their workforce.
Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market – Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the waste or garbage collection vehicle market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the waste or garbage collection vehicle market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2021 to 2031, wherein, 2020 is the base year and 2017 to 2019 covers historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the waste or garbage collection vehicle market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the waste or garbage collection vehicle market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market
- How much value will the waste or garbage collection vehicle market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2031?
- What are the impact factors and their effects on the market for waste or garbage collection vehicle market?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall waste or garbage collection vehicle market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the waste or garbage collection vehicle market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the waste or garbage collection vehicle market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for waste or garbage collection vehicle market?
This report answers these questions and more about the waste or garbage collection vehicle market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the waste or garbage collection vehicle market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the waste or garbage collection vehicle market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the waste or garbage collection vehicle market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the waste or garbage collection vehicle market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the waste or garbage collection vehicle market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the waste or garbage collection vehicle market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Waste or Garbage Collection Vehicle Market – Segmentation
This report on the waste or garbage collection vehicle market provides information on the basis of loader type, technology, vehicle type, application, and region.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the waste or garbage collection vehicle market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the waste or garbage collection vehicle market in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.