Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector: Introduction
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging connectors are used to charge an electric vehicle. Numerous reasons are prompting the switch from engine-driven vehicles to electric or battery-driven vehicles, as electric vehicles are zero emission and less noisy. The electric vehicle charging connector comprises various charging methods including combined charging system and CHAdeMO. These are the fastest charging methods available for electric vehicle charging.
- The electric charging connector can be single-phase or three-phase, depending on application of use such as home application or public space. In some cases, electric charging can be carried out wirelessly, which in turn would require appropriate charging infrastructure.
Key Drivers of Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market
- Rise in fuel prices and population is a key factor that drives the electric vehicle market. Vehicle manufacturers are emphasizing on the development of electric vehicles, which in turn is estimated to boost the electric vehicle charging connector market. Major regions including Europe, Asia Pacific, and North America are trying to develop zero-emission vehicles, which in turn is projected to boost the EV charging connector market.
- Increase in pollution due to increase in vehicle traffic and exhaust gases is likely to be a major factor that fuels the demand for electric vehicles and subsequently, electric charging station. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the electric vehicle charging connector market. As the major countries are trying to develop pollution-free smart cities. Electric vehicles would be a good option to achieve this goal, which in turn is likely to boost the electric vehicle charging connector market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of electric vehicle (EV) charging connector market
- Asia Pacific accounts for a major share of the global electric vehicle charging connector market. The region comprises rapidly developing countries and consequently, the demand for electric charging connectors is rising in the region. Increase in demand for electric vehicles and rapid development in electric charging infrastructure in major countries, including Japan and China, are key factors that boost the electric vehicle charging connector market.
- The market for electric vehicles is witnessing significant expansion in Asia Pacific due to the support of governments, in terms of tax subsidies. Affordable price and tax subsidies on the purchase of electric vehicles is estimated to boost the electric vehicle charging connector market in India, China, and South Korea. Japan, South Korea, and China are trying to move towards zero emission vehicles, this in turn is projected to boost the EV charging connector market.
Key players operating in electric vehicle (EV) charging connector market
The electric vehicle (EV) charging connector market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global electric vehicle (EV) charging connector market are:
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Yazaki Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens AG
- ITT Inc.
- ABB Group
- Sumitomo Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market, Request for a Sample
Global Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market, by Plug Type
- Type 1 (120 Volts)
- Type 2 (240 Volts)
- Type 3 (480 Volts)
Global Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market, by Charging Method
- Combined Charging System
Global Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market, by Current
- Alternating Current (AC)
- Direct Current (DC)
Global Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market, by Charging Speed
Global Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric vehicle
Global Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market, by Sales Channel
Global Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Connector Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.