Smart City Market: Introduction
- A smart city is an urban zone which uses different types of electronic systems and sensors to collect data. The smart city concept combines information and communication technology and several physical devices linked to Internet of Things networks to enhance adeptness of the city operations and services.
- The smart city concept is gaining important market prominence, mostly due to increasing demand for smart living, which has become a trend. Smart living involves advancements that impact people’s lives, enabling them to lead a new way of life.
- Smart city inventions encourage the usage of emerging technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), big data, cloud storage technologies and data analytics to collect and analyze data and use key information for managing assets, services and resources.
- The world is succeeding in becoming smarter where everything is linked digitally so cities are also converted to smart cities at a deeper level. The smart city mission permits development of local areas, leading to smart results.
- Governments across the globe are taking initiatives to work on smart city projects to increase economic growth by making cities smarter.
- The smart city market is expected to progress at a rapid pace in the upcoming years, due to innovation in technologies and increasing digitalization in numerous sectors across the globe.
Smart City Market: Dynamics
Smart City Market: Key Drivers
- Smart city plans majorly depend on telecommunication infrastructure setup as well as the implementation of connecting technology with the help of IoT. Each town needs to have efficient network and communication protocols to provide the necessary coordination and control of the various systems components.
- Smart city technology plays a major role in mitigating issues in towns such as water pollution, transportation issues, traffic congestion, enabling efficient electric supply, etc. by setting up the centralize systems in the city.
- Currently, various sectors are focused on the implementation of Industry IoT, which is expected to create new opportunities for the smart city market during the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Smart City Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 all over the world is causing financial concerns. Technologically innovative countries are extremely inflated this pandemic. Businesses have been affected because of lockdown in most countries. Hence, COVID-19 has shifted the whole focus of businesses toward IoT. This, in turn, is anticipated to ultimately boost the smart city market, during COVID-19, in the next few years.
North America to Hold a Major Share of the Smart City Market
- In terms of region, the smart city market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the worldwide smart city market in 2020. Factors such as presence of many prominent technology providers and equipment manufacturers in the U.S. and the usage of latest technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI) among end-users boosts the growth of the smart city market in the North America region.
- The smart city market in APAC is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Combined initiatives and prominent funds by various governments in the region push market growth, increasing the number of smart city projects. The fast growing economies in the region increases the market share. This is expanding the growth of the market in the APAC region, and consequently enhancing the smart city market.
Smart City Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and global players are active in the smart city market with a strong presence. Hence, the market is diversified in nature. Rapid industrial advances have created remarkable forecasts in the smart city market. Market players are concentrating more on collaborations, mergers, and acquisition activities with established companies to advance innovative solutions in order to improve their offerings and market reach
Key Players Operating in the Smart City Market Include:
- Schneider Electric
- Google LLC
Smart City Market: Research Scope
Smart City Market, by Component
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
Smart City Market, by Deployment
Smart City Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Smart City Market, by End-user
- Smart Government
- Smart Healthcare
- Smart Agriculture
- Smart Buildings
- Smart Transportation
Smart City Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.