Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market: Vital Tools in Surgery and Repair of Bones
- Bone holding forceps are handheld, hinged instruments used for grasping and holding bones. These forceps are commonly used to stabilize bones during repair.
- These holding forceps could also be used to remove bone fragments from a surgical site. These are available in a number of sizes, as well as with or without ratchets, making these versatile instruments that can be used on both small and large bones.
- Bone cutting forceps or cutters are instruments used for cutting in orthopedic surgeries. These are instruments that have two blades and a handle to compress or hold tissues in orthopedic instrument surgical operations.
- These instruments are required for clean and sterile surgery environment. These forceps have a double-action function; these are used to grip tissues and have blades for cutting.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market
- Increase in the number of orthopedic and dental surgeries is the major factor boosting the growth of the global bone holding forceps and cutters market
- According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation, osteoporosis causes more than 8.9 million fractures across the world each year
- Rise in the number of road accidents and increase in the geriatric population prone to bone disorders drive demand for bone holding forceps and cutter across the globe
- Availability of forceps in different sizes and dimensions fuels demand for these surgical tools
High Cost of Surgical Procedures to Hamper Global Market
- High cost of certain orthopedic surgical procedures hampers the growth of the global bone holding forceps and cutters market
- Moreover, unskilled personnel for performing orthopedic procedures could cause complications during surgery and injuries. This factor is projected to restrain the global bone holding forceps and cutters market.
Disposable to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on product type, the global bone holding forceps and cutters market can be bifurcated disposable and reusable
- The reusable segment dominated the global market in 2018 owing to application during surgeries and availability of sterilized instruments after each procedure
- The disposable segment is projected to be more lucrative in the next few years due to less chance of infection and low cost
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market Report
Stainless Steel to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of material, the global bone holding forceps and cutters market can be classified into stainless steel, tungsten, and others
- The stainless steel segment dominated the global bone holding forceps and cutters market in 2018. Ability to withstand repeated sterilization in high temperature autoclaves, rust free, and durability of edges are the key features that propel the segment.
Hospitals to be Promising Segment
- Based on end-user, the global bone holding forceps and cutters market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global market in 2018 and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period
- Hospitals is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period owing to higher number of surgical procedures performed in these settings and availability of various surgical tools
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global bone holding forceps and cutters market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global bone holding forceps and cutters market in 2018 owing to higher number of surgical procedures, increase in adventure activities & road accidents which lead to surgeries, and presence of major players in the region
- According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), in the U.S., the number of orthopedic surgical procedures increased from 2,740,000 in 2001 to 3,785,000 in 2011, an increase of 38% in 10 years
- The bone holding forceps and cutters market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in the geriatric population prone to orthopedic problems, rise in the number of orthopedic surgeries, and growing medical tourism are the major drivers of the bone holding forceps and cutters market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market
Leading players in the global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters market are:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Stryker Corporation
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- CONMED Corporation
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- Sklar Surgical Instruments
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Millennium Surgical Corp.
Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market: Research Scope
Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market, by Product Type
Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market, by Material
- Stainless Steel
Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Bone Holding Forceps and Cutters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.