Global Bakery Papers Market: Overview
The papers used in bakery and confectionery sectors, from the manufacturing to the packaging of a product, are referred to as bakery papers. Bakery papers are used for packaging, wrapping, cooking and baking, among others. Retailers prefer more attractive and convenient packaging styles or formats for their products and hence, creativity plays a key role here. Bakery papers are also available in special grades of greaseproof paper, which offer good stability along with superior barrier properties, which has been driving the growth of the bakery papers market. Bakery papers can be converted into baking cups, wraps, and other forms of packaging, which further drives their application and adoption.
Converters of bakery papers are looking to introduce attractive bags, wraps and different types of boxes. Parchment papers and baking papers are also efficiently used by chefs as making food is not only about cooking, but also about presentation. Cafes and restaurants use wrapping papers and bakery papers with their logos printed on them for more branding and promotions. The bakery papers market is estimated to witness substantial growth during the forecast period with the emergence of new formats and styles of confectionery and bakery packaging.
Global Bakery Papers Market: Dynamics
Rising health consciousness has been affecting the growth of the bakery papers market in recent years. Innovation in packaging styles and convenient features are estimated to boost the growth of the bakery papers market. Brand owners and manufacturers in the bakery papers market are preferring creative packaging formats and focusing on innovation in terms of the design and structure of the product packaging.
The bakery papers market is expected to witness string growth in the coming years as consumers seek varieties in snacks and high teas for parties, events, success parties and other occasions. The different types of gift packaging options in bakery items are increasing the demand for bakery papers. These days, retail shelves in bakeries are stocked with far more appealing gifting options as compared to conventional gifts, giving a boost to bakery papers market.
Paper-based products are an appropriate alternative to other packaging forms and thus, the use of bakery papers is expected to increase, due to the impact of stringent regulations on packaging materials.
Global Bakery Papers Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global bakery papers market has been segmented as:
- Parchment paper
- Baking paper
- Catering paper
- Laminating Paper
- Wrapping Paper
On the basis of application, the global bakery papers market has been segmented as:
- Baking Cups
Global Bakery Papers Market: Market Participants
- McNairn Packaging
- The Vizille paper mills
- Twin Rivers Paper Company
- Metsa Tissue
- KRPA Holding CZ
- Chevler Ltd
- The Gourmet Food Wrap Company
- Nordic Paper
- ECL International S.r.l.
- Konos GmbH
Global Bakery Papers Market: Regional Outlook
According to BDSI, Association of the German Confectionery Industry, approximately 2,539,550 Tons of confectionery was consumed in 2017. Confectionery consumption directly impacts the bakery papers market in Europe, due to changing health trends among consumers. In the U.S., the confectionery industry generates around US$ 35 Billion at retail each year, which is expected to boost the North American bakery papers market. According to National Confectioneries Association, in China, the confectionery market was estimated at nearly US$ 15,963 Million. The bakery papers market is anticipated to witness high growth, due to the increasing consumption of bakery and confectionery products in the Asia Pacific region.
Global Bakery Papers Market: Key Developments
- Manufacturers in the bakery papers market are introducing new products that can replace metal and plastic based products. For instance, companies such as Chevler Ltd and The Gourmet Food Wrap Company are seeking better efficiency in their products as well as consumer appeal
- Chevler Ltd. has launched a new meat saver paper, which is a specialty paper with a natural wax coating. The company also launched a new cupcake case, which is made of its black and silver tulip wraps, giving it more appealing look
- Converter companies in the bakery papers market are introducing various designs and styles in packaging forms. For instance, Colpac Ltd., a packaging solution manufacturer, introduced a packaging format with a friendly monster design
The bakery papers market research report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with bakery papers market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various bakery papers market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Bakery papers Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis of bakery papers market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.