An odometer is a device that is utilized in vehicles to measure the distance traveled by them. Advancements in automotive technology has led to rapid increase in usage of electronic components in vehicles. Cable driven odometers have been replaced by electronic odometers. Mechanical type of odometers utilize a magnetic pick-up that generates current pulses and sends it to an ECU, which operates a stepper motor by converting the pulses into suitable voltage.
Increase in vehicle electrification coupled with rising demand for accuracy is fueling the demand for odometer stepping motors. Electromechanical odometers are being preferred by the manufacturers over wired odometer systems, due to their reliability and cost-effectiveness coupled with longer lifespan. This, in turn, is propelling the global automotive odometer stepping motor market.
Moreover, increase in consumer preference for sophisticated electronic components is fueling the demand for odometer stepping motors. Odometer is an essential component of the vehicle and hence, rising demand for vehicles across the globe is fuelling the demand for odometers. Moreover, the demand for electromechanical odometers is increasing due to their low price, which in turn is boosting the global automotive odometer stepping motor market.
The global automotive odometer stepping motor market is primarily driven by the shift in consumer and auto manufacturers’ preference for electronic odometers. Increase in per capita income of consumers coupled with an increase in vehicle electrification from vehicle manufacturers is driving the demand for electronic odometers, which in turn is restraining the electromechanical odometer market and subsequently, the global automotive odometer stepping motor market.
The global automotive odometer stepping motor market can be segmented based on vehicle type, vehicle class, sales channel, and region. In term of vehicle type, the global automotive odometer stepping motor market can be bifurcated into passenger and commercial vehicles. Passenger vehicles are witnessing a rapid electrification, which in turn is propelling the demand for odometer stepping motor. The passenger vehicle segment holds a major share of the market due to the presence of a large number of passenger vehicles across the globe.
Based on vehicle class, the global automotive odometer stepping motor market can be fragmented into three segments. Mid-segment vehicles accounted for a major share of the market, in terms of revenue, which was attributed to the lower cost of mid-segment vehicles, coupled with the increasing demand for vehicles across developing nations. Based on sales channel, the global automotive odometer stepping motor market can be split into OEM and aftermarket. Odometers have a significantly longer lifespan and hence, the OEM segment accounted for a major share of the market, in terms of revenue.
Based on region, the global automotive odometer stepping motor market can be segmented into five regions. Asia Pacific accounts for a notable share of the global population. Large consumer base with increasing per capita income across the region coupled with the presence of leading global vehicle manufacturers has propelled the demand for vehicles across Asia Pacific. China and India are rapidly developing nations that possess a large consumer base whose per capita income is rising along with the increasing job opportunities across aforementioned countries. Moreover, significantly lower number of vehicles per 1000 people is likely to boost the demand for vehicles across Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key players operating in the global automotive odometer stepping motor market include Robert Bosch GmbH, Valeo, Denso Corporation, Mitsuba Corp., MAHLE GmbH, Johnson Electric Holdings Limited, rose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG, and Nidec Corporation.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.