Global Arthroscopy Cannula Market: Introduction
Arthroscopy cannula is used in the procedure to diagnose and treat joint problems. It is utilized to treat injuries of the knee, shoulders, elbow, ankles, hip, and wrist joints. Arthroscopy is a very safe procedure and complications are uncommon. An arthroscopic cannula is inserted in an appropriate direction opposing the fracture defect. Arthroscopy is the most commonly performed orthopedic procedure in the U.S. Arthroscopy is performed under general anesthesia, local anesthesia, and sedation in an ambulatory setting. The procedure is divided as single or dual puncture, and it completely depends upon the trocars used to penetrate the superior joint space.
Key Drivers of Global Arthroscopy Cannula Market
Increasing prevalence of Hip Injury
Hip osteoarthritis (OA) pain and disability among older adults and a predominant reason for total hip replacement in the U.S. Half a million procedures are expected to be carried out annually by 2030. More than half of the individuals with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis are younger than 65. 62% of individuals with osteoarthritis are women. 99% of all hip and knee replacements are done to address pain and functional limitations. Over 50% of people with knee osteoarthritis are likely to have a total knee replacement done during their lifetime. The percentage reporting hip pain was 19.2%, while 32.6% reported knee pain. The percentage reporting hip and knee pain was 11.3%, and 40.7% reported hip or knee pain. According to Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, hip and groin pain is a common complaint among athletes and is estimated to account for 5% to 6% of all sports injuries, respectively.
Rise in Prevalence of Soft Tissue Injury
As few as 20% of soft tissue knee injuries are presented to and managed in emergency departments and hospitals. About 50% of all knee injuries are associated with non-sporting activities such as those in middle age and above. According to National Library of Medicine, soft tissue injuries had an incidence of 4.6 injuries per 100 man-months and resulted in no loss and only 106 modified work days.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Arthroscopy Cannula Market
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global arthroscopy cannula market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to an increase in research & development and technologically advanced products being introduced in the market. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market during the forecast period owing to advanced facilities provided by the hospital infrastructure in the region.
- The arthroscopy cannula market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to the dense population and high birthrate in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Arthroscopy Cannula Market
The global arthroscopy cannula market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of several key players. Leading players operating in the global arthroscopy cannula market include:
- Zimmer Biomet
- Smith & Nephew
- RTI Biologics
- DePuy Mitek
- Conmed Linvatec
- LifeNet Health
- Wright Medical
- Parcus Medical
Global Arthroscopy Cannula Market: Research Scope
Global Arthroscopy Cannula Market, by Product Type
- Banana Blade
- Hip Access Kit
- Suture Anchor
- Disposable Suture Passer
Global Arthroscopy Cannula Market, by Application
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Bicep Tendon Tear
- ACL/PCL Injury
- Meniscus Tears
- Hip Injury
Global Arthroscopy Cannula Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Setting
Global Arthroscopy Cannula Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.