Anti-corrosive Films Market: Overview
Anti-corrosive films are also known as Volatile Corrosion Inhibitors (VCI) films. Anti-corrosive films are primarily used to protect metal components against corrosion, rust & contamination. These films are nitrite-free and therefore are environment friendly. Anti-corrosive films are made up of LDPE and easy to apply and available in wide range of sizes. These films are available in non-ferrous, ferrous and multi protection types and in different rolls, sheets and bags & tubing. Anti-corrosive films contains active substance such as volatile corrosive inhibitor that penetrate into cavities in metal and creates protective atmosphere against corrosion. Anti-corrosive stretch films are water resistant polyethylene films that finds application in packaging of automotive parts or components.
Cost benefit solutions offered by anti-corrosive films to boost the market during forecast period
According to International Measures of Prevention, Application and Economics of Corrosion Technology (IMPACT), the global cost of corrosion is estimated to be US$ 2.5 trillion which is equivalent to 3.4% of global GDP in 2013. It was observed that the major contribution of corrosion was from automotive and metallurgy industry which in turn filliping the demand from anti-corrosive films across the globe. The corrosion control measures which includes anti-corrosive films, coatings etc. can provides cost benefit solutions too.
Furthermore, rise in imports and exports of automotive goods driving the anti-corrosive films market. For instance, according to the International Trade Administration, Department of Commerce, United States exported automotive goods valued at USD 85.6 billion in 2017, thereby increasing the demand for anti-corrosive films market. Demand for non-toxic and recyclable films are increasing which in turn rising the market of anti-corrosive films. Another reason for manufacturers to opt these films are its transparent feature, which helps in visual checking of goods. In addition, anti-corrosive films are eco-friendly that doesn’t afflict nature or human health. Anti-corrosive films provides cost effective packaging solution that is one of the reason that it is preferred over other films.
Anti-corrosive Films Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product, anti-corrosive films are segmented into:
- Anti-corrosive Stretch Film
- Anti-corrosive Shrink Film
- Anti-corrosive Bubble Film
On the basis of film thickness, anti-corrosive films are segmented into:
- Below 25 micron
- 25-100 microns
- 100-200 microns
- Above 200 microns
On the basis of end use industry, anti-corrosive films are segmented into:
- Mining and Metallurgy
- Electronical & Electrical
- Transport & Logistic
China to register high sales in the anti-corrosive film market during the forecast period
Geographically, the global anti-corrosive films market can be segmented based on the region like North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, MEA, APEJ & Japan. Talking of developed countries like Germany, Italy and France in Europe are investing in automotive projects which in turn rising the demand for anti-corrosive films market in the near future. Whereas developing countries such as China, India & Japan in Asia Pacific region to have high potential in the anti-corrosive films market owing to the fact that China generated revenue of US$ 29 million in 2017 from semiconductors and LEDs in electronics thereby making China largest consumer of packaging equipment and materials in 2017, hence escalating the demand from anti-corrosive films market.
Anti-corrosive Films Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the anti-corrosive films market are as follows:
- Aicello Corporation
- MetPro Group
- Northern Technologies International Corporation (NTIC)
- Cortec Corporation
- BRANOpac GmbH
- Superior Industries, Inc.
- Harita-NTI Ltd.
Anti-corrosive Films Market: Key Players
Some of the key developments in the anti-corrosive films market are as given below:
- MetPro Group had launched bio-based anti-corrosive films in 2016 in Germany. This films are produced using natural ingredients and is completely amine and nitrite free.
- Northern Technologies International Corporation (NTIC) is expanding through launching new products in the market. This film provides cost-effective and versatile protection against corrosion damage for metals in shipping and storage.
- In 2017, Cortec Corporation expanded its manufacturing facility in Croatia for vapor corrosion inhibitor films and bags for packaging.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.