Gamma or scintillation camera is used to image human body organs by detecting gamma rays emitted as a result of administering radioactive isotopes. This technique of imaging is called scintigraphy. Today, gamma cameras are widely used in medical diagnostics because of its ability to image organs and tissues in much shorter time with enhanced precision compared to traditional scanner. It is of great help in analyzing activity of drug molecules in human body in early drug development and plays critical role in the treatment of a variety of cardiovascular, cancer and neurological diseases such as breast cancer, lung cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
The market for gamma and scintillation cameras and accessories is growing worldwide under the impact of notable growth drivers such as the continued advancements in molecular imaging, growing demand for new drug development and rise in incidences of various chronic diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular and neurological disorders requiring faster and more accurate diagnosis. Growing need for accurate diagnosis and reduced patient inconvenience are also considered as driving factors encouraging companies operating in this market to produce diagnostic products with innovative features. Globally, North America and Europe represent the largest regional markets owing to well established healthcare infrastructure and rising awareness about the technology. Among emerging countries India, China, Brazil, Mexico are anticipated to experience substantial growth in coming years due to continuously improving economy leading to better healthcare access. Rising involvement of health insurance companies in these markets is also projected to drive the market in coming years.
GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, Diolin Corporation, gamma Medica-Ideas, Inc., Mediso Medical Imaging Systems, Positron Corporation, Acrorad Co., Ltd. and Digirad Corporation are some of the key players operating in this market space. Some of the commercially available gamma cameras are SDX37 SCINTRON Thyroid Camera by Medical Imaging Electronics and Nucline Cardio DESK by Mediso Medical Imaging Systems.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments