Dental Imaging Market
Dental Imaging Market (Technology: Dental X-ray Systems [Analog and Digital], Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) Systems [2D and 3D], Intraoral Scanners & Cameras, and Others; Method: Extraoral Imaging Systems and Intraoral Imaging Systems; Application: Endodontics, Orthodontics, and Periodontics; and End User: Dental Hospitals & Clinics, Dental Academic & Research Institutes, and Others) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Non-interruptive Cameras Catalyze Growth of Dental Imaging Market
Non-interruptive cameras are being highly publicized for their various advantages, including high-quality still photos and videos, in the dental imaging market. This is evident since intraoral scanners & cameras technology segment account for the a significant share of the dental imaging market. As such, the market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 6 Bn by the end of 2027. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their production capacities to develop non-interruptive cameras that are easy to use and can be loupe-mounted. For instance, Futudent-a provider of superior dental camera technology, introduced the Futudent non-interruptive camera, which is time and cost-efficient.
Non-interruptive cameras help to save and share data whilst catering to the convenience of dentists and individuals. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to make these novel cameras readily available in dental hospitals. As such, dental hospitals & clinics end user segment is anticipated for exponential growth in the market for dental imaging.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Dental Imaging Market
CBCT Gains Popularity as Gold Standard for Acquiring 3D Data
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) systems are considered as the gold standard for dental imaging of oral and maxillofacial area of individuals. Hence, companies in the dental imaging market are increasing their efficacy in digital technologies to optimize CBCT imaging. As such, the CBCT technology segment is leading the market for dental imaging and the global market is estimated to grow at a favorable CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Companies in the dental imaging market are increasing R&D in dental radiology, since it plays a pivotal role in diagnostic assessment of dental patients and prognostic evaluation of dental diseases. However, intraoral and conventional radiographic procedures pose limitations in 2D projections, thus leading to issues of misrepresentation and superimposition. Hence, companies are increasing the availability of CBCT to overcome the limitations of conventional computed tomography (CT). Advantages of CBCT are instrumental for the generation of 3D data at lower radiation dose and cost.
Combination of 3D Radiographic Imaging with CBCT Helps in Diagnosis of Dental Diseases
Increased research spending by companies in the dental imaging market have led to innovations in X-ray radiography. As such, the technique of 3D radiographic imaging is being combined with CBCT for diagnosis of various dental diseases. X-ray imaging is gaining popularity as a non-invasive technique for the assessment of hard tissues before surgery. Moreover, dental X-ray systems dictate the second-highest revenue among all technologies in the market for dental imaging. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their efficacy in sensors that are capable of capturing high-quality images.
With the influx of latest technologies, X-ray systems are being gradually digitalized, while companies in the market for dental imaging are tapping value-grab opportunities in indirect and direct digital radiography. However, periapical films can only provide 2D images which lead to issues of image distortion. Hence, companies in the dental imaging market should collaborate with researchers to overcome the shortcomings of image compression using tomosynthesis in imaging.
Cutting-edge Image-guided Implant Systems Aid in Intra-surgical Clinical Judgment
The image-guided implant dentistry is gaining attention of stakeholders in the dental imaging market. For instance, Image Navigation- a specialist in dental teaching and clinical technologies, announced the launch of their advanced image-guided implant dentistry system at the International Dental Show 2019 in Germany. The introduction of new image-guided implant systems is being used with CBCT scanners to conduct intra-surgical navigation. Lightning-fast speed of these novel systems is proving beneficial for dentists in the field of endodontics. As such, endodontic and orthodontic application segments are estimated for exponential growth in the dental imaging market.
Sub-millimeter accuracy and a robotic auto-stop attributes of image-guided implant systems are being highly publicized in the market for dental imaging. These novel systems are generating revenue streams for companies, owing to its safety and automatic features. Dentists can ensure maximum safety during implant procedures, since advanced image-guided implant systems stop automatically and instantly turn off the drill outside the of the planned surgical area. Thus, integration of freehand surgery and unfettered vision of the surgical site aid in effective intra-surgical clinical judgment.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Innovative digital imaging solutions are creating incremental opportunities for companies in the dental imaging market. Advanced computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) systems are being increasingly used to create crowns and fixed partial dentures.
CBCT has introduced breakthrough innovations in the imaging of the maxillofacial region, owing to its advantages from diagnosis to treatment planning. However, lack of proper education and awareness among dentists has led to unnecessary referrals for CBCT imaging. Hence, companies should target their marketing and advertising efforts toward 3D radiographic imaging and other digital imaging techniques to bolster their credibility in the global market landscape. Companies should explore opportunities in orthodontic and cosmetic dentistry solutions by strategically increasing the availability of CBCT systems.
Dental Imaging Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the dental imaging market for the historical period of 2017-2018 and forecast of 2019-2027, increase in prevalence of dental diseases, increase in burden of chronic diseases, and rise in patient population as well as increasing technological advancements are key factors that are likely to boost the dental imaging market
- According to the report, the global dental imaging market was valued at ~US$ 3 Bn in 2018. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027.
Increase in Prevalence of Dental Diseases and Rise in Geriatric Population: A Key Driver
- According to the WHO, the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016 anticipated that oral diseases are responsible for affecting half of the world’s population (3.58 billion people), with dental caries (tooth decay) in permanent teeth being the most prevalent condition assessed
- Moreover, severe periodontal (gum) disease, which could result in tooth loss, was estimated to be the 11th most prevalent disease globally
- Dental conditions associated with aging include dry mouth (xerostomia), root & coronal caries, and periodontitis. Patients may show increased sensitivity to drugs used in dentistry, including local anesthetics and analgesics.
- Poor oral health among elderly people is an important public health issue and a growing burden on countries. This has increased the demand for dental imaging among the geriatric population. Furthermore, increase in prevalence of dental diseases is anticipated to boost the growth of the dental imaging market.
Growth Strategies in the Global Market
- Key market players are engaged in various growth strategies for strengthening their position in the dental imaging market
- Rise in demand for dental imaging services, adoption of technologically advanced dental imaging, and increase in patient population are the factors that compel key players to invest and further strengthen their position in the dental imaging market, thereby driving the market
Lack of Access to Dental Care for All Ages to Restrain Growth of Dental Imaging Market
- One of the greatest barriers to oral health care is lack of dental services. A large number of people have poor oral health due to lack of access to care, as oral health is not universally integrated into primary or behavioral healthcare services. Consequently, dental care is usually set apart from other types of healthcare.
- According to the WHO, in most of the developing countries, access to oral healthcare services is limited. Hence, teeth are often left untreated or are extracted due to pain or discomfort.
- Dental care access for children in low-income households is difficult. In 2013, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) reported an increase in dental services among children who were Medicaid and CHIP beneficiaries, but children still visited the dentist less often than privately insured children.
- Therefore, lack of access to dental services, and thereby lack of dental care, is one of the major factors hampering the growth of the dental imaging market
Dental Imaging Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global dental imaging market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Prominent players operating in the dental imaging market include
- Envista (Danaher)
- Carestream Health
- PLANMECA OY
- Dentsply Sirona
- Midmark Corporation
- THE YOSHIDA DENTAL MFG. CO., LTD.
- Owandy Radiology
- FONA Dental, s.r.o.
- Trident S.r.l.
Dental Imaging Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the dental imaging market are engaged in the development of new products, key merger & acquisition, collaboration, and integration. Key developments by industry players are likely to fuel the dental imaging market. Some strategies in the dental imaging market are as follows:
- In January 2019, Vatech announced that the company has set up a new subsidiary in DAFZA (Dubai Airport Free Zone) to strengthen its market share and to aim at the dental imaging leader in the Middle East
- In November 2018, Owandy Radiology Inc., a global leader in the manufacture of dental radiology hardware and imaging software, received FDA 510 (k) clearance for its innovative 3D wall-mounted panoramic digital radiography unit
- In September 2018, Dentsply Sirona updated two imaging solutions: the imaging software Sidexis 4 and the software of the extraoral flagship, Orthophos SL. The updated features fully meet the dental professionals’ practical needs such as optimized performance and improved image quality.
- In March 2018, Dentsply Sirona, The Dental Solutions Company, announced that it signed an agreement to acquire OraMetrix, an industry provider of innovative 3D technology solutions designed to improve the predictability and efficiency of orthodontic care
- In the global dental imaging market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of the manufacturers of dental imaging. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section is included in the dental imaging report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of the key players operating in the global dental imaging market.
Dental Imaging Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the dental imaging market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the dental imaging market for the period of 2017–2027, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for dental imaging market during the forecast period.
The report is prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts wherein, analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global dental imaging market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global dental imaging market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global dental imaging market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing dental imaging market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global dental imaging market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global dental imaging market. Key players operating in the global dental imaging market are identified, and each one of them is profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global dental imaging market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Dental Imaging Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the dental imaging sector?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the dental imaging market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global dental imaging market?
- Will North America continue to remain the most profitable regional market for dental imaging products providers?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global dental imaging market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global dental imaging market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global dental imaging market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global dental imaging market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the dental imaging market as primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from dental imaging market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global dental imaging market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and two bottom-up approaches to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global dental imaging market more reliably and accurately.
Dental Imaging Market – Segmentation
Dental X-ray Systems
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) Systems
Intraoral Scanners & Cameras
Extraoral Imaging Systems
Intraoral Imaging Systems
Dental Hospitals & Clinics
Dental Academic & Research Institutes
Middle East & Africa