Wine Yeast: Market outlook
Over the past few years, the wine yeast market has experienced significant development, and is expected to grow immensely over the forecast period. The most vital component which separates wine from grape juice is the yeast job in winemaking. Without oxygen, yeast changes to liquor and carbon dioxide over the sugars of wine grapes through the fermentation procedure. The most popular wine yeast is Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which has been preferred because of its consistent and vigorous fermentation capabilities, tolerance to extremely high levels to alcohol and sulfur dioxide along with its ability to function in normal wine pH within 2.8 and 4. The global wine yeast demand is largely driven by population ascension, which has interest in wine and finds it a standard for social recognition. The worldwide wine yeast market is fuelled by the changing lifestyle and rising income among buyers.
Increasing Research and Development Expenditure is Boosting the Demand for Wine Yeast
As global manufacturers now face competition from the regional players, R&D spending on wine yeast is rising. The speed at which new technologies impact the food sector is strong, and manufacturers have become important to increase the size of their R&D efforts. Focusing on R&D, it is expected to increase over the projected era, as businesses are able to deliver better-than-rival goods. The producers therefore have to focus on better positioning of their products to improve sales. To increase their customer base companies are developing strong networks with the distributors and suppliers. Due to its heat resistance and process resistance, wine yeast can be revived to be used in various other industries and thus they are value for money.
Urbanization has led to the consumers being more aware about the products that are available in the market and this has in turn resulted in them even paying a higher price for products.
Global Wine Yeast: Market Segmentation
On the basis of form, global wine yeast can be segmented as:-
On the basis of fermentation type, global wine yeast can be segmented as:-
- Natural fermentation
- Pure culture fermentation
On the basis of extract type, global wine yeast can be segmented as:-
- Yeast Extract
- Autolyzed Yeast
On the basis of Genus, global Wine Yeast can be segmented as:-
Global Wine Yeast: Key Players
Some the key players operating their business in the global Wine Yeast market are Associated British Foods, Angel Yeast, Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Oriental Yeast, Lallemand Inc., Leiber GmbH, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lesaffre Group amongst others.
- In 2019, Lallemand entered into strategic partnership with Ohly to increase its production facility at Hutchinson. The liquidation follows a strategic plan by Ohly to find a partner to make better use of the Hutchinson site's future and protect it sustainably.
Opportunities for Wine Yeast Market Participants:
As we can see fickle consumers expects their wine to provide sensory experience. The wine producers have an opportunity to recognize the uphill today’s market, to meet the changing demands of wine drinkers, to provide innovative wine yeast and ingenuity. Additionally to giving wine its basic framework, the grape-derived compounds focus on providing varietal distinction also while yeast fermentation gives wine its aromatic character. Wine qualities result from an almost limitless number of production varieties, be it in the vineyard or in the winery. The producers can grab the advantage of DNA reading technologies in conjunction with DNA editing technologies and emerging DNA writing is likely to be the next innovation from synthetic biology of wine yeast. With genetic engineering approaches now transforming into genome engineering paradigms, development and testing of customized wine yeast strains and the design, are bound to become more accurate. Buyers are constantly searching for new trends in wine with improved flavor and complexity of aromas-but without negative features. In order to produce such kind of wine styles, winemaker need a portfolio of wine yeast that can produce flavours and aromas that are consistent with premium wine styles and can resist the greater stress tolerance found in winemaking.
The wine yeast market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the wine yeast market, including but not limited to: regional markets, type, extract type, fermentation type and genus.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Wine Yeast market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The wine yeast market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the Wine Yeast market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the Wine Yeast market report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the Wine Yeast market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the Wine Yeast market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis