Watchdog timers (WDTs) is an electronic device or electronic timer designed to prevent system failures by detecting and recovering from the computer malfunctions. Computer malfunctions were often happens due to any software or hardware fault and from overcoming these unresponsive situations watchdog timers plays a crucial role by rebooting the processor. These are self-contained hardware devices integrated to external circuits to the processor that can detect and trigger a processor reset if required. The watchdog timers are designed to count down from some initial value to zero during unresponsive situation. The watchdog timer asserts the reset command when the counter reaches zero before the computer recovers. The computer processor periodically sends a signal to the watchdog timer to specify that the system software is working properly. If the watchdog timer doesn’t receive this signal within a fixed time frame, the watchdog timer affirms a reset command. The entire process of resetting the watchdog timer is referred "kicking the dog".
The global watchdog timers market is expected to witness a substantial growth during the forecast period. This is due to its increasing demand of embedded computing devices across various application sectors such as telecommunications, automotive, industrial, consumer electronics and medical sector. The increase in mobile phone production worldwide is stimulating the growth in demand for watchdog timers and associated components. The continuous innovation in technology has increased the demand for global watchdog timers in consumer electronics, industrial, military and defense sectors. However, low cost of profit margin is acting as a restraining factor for the growth of watchdog timers market. Efforts are being taken by many companies to upgrade their research and development activities to analyze further application that is expected to generate profitable growth opportunities for the market in the forecast period.
The global watchdog timers market is segmented on the basis of product type, end-user and region. On the basis of product type, the market has been segmented into internal watchdog timer and external watchdog timer. The internal watchdog timers are inbuilt with microcontrollers or processors during manufacturing and is enabled by a software program to detect and rectify system abnormality by rebooting. The internal watchdog timer saves money, but can be affected by runaway code. However, external watchdog timers are stand-alone ICs and are used for systems that haves two or more CPUs. These external watchdog timers are enabled manually by hardware after detecting the system malfunctions. On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into automotive, telecommunication, medical, industrial equipment’s, consumer electronics, military & defense and others. Telecommunication end user is expected to the largest application segment owing to its high demand for networking and communication equipment’s worldwide, stimulating the watchdog timers market.
In the region wise study, the global watchdog timers market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. Asia Pacific which comprises China, India, South Korea, Australia and other rising economies captured significant market share followed by North America and Europe in 2018. Asia Pacific showed the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to the emerging economies. China represents huge potential for the watchdog timers with the low cost of raw materials and huge production facilities in the country. The region’s dominance is attributed to increasing production of motor vehicles in countries such as Japan, South Korea, China, and India. Moreover, rapid level of industrialization in this region is also contributing to growth of watchdog timers market.
The global watchdog timers market is highly fragmented with number of companies operating in the segment. Leading players are currently focusing on providing cost competitive products to the customers. Some of the key players engaged in watchdog timers market include various manufacturers such as STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments, Inc., Maxim Integrated, Analog Devices, Inc., ON Semiconductor, Cypress Semiconductor, Diodes, Inc., Microchip Technology Inc., Renesas Electronics, ROHM Semiconductors and among others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.