Global SQUID Sensor Market: Introduction
A SQUID (Superconducting Quantum Interference Device) is an identical sensitive magnetometer used for measurement of extremely subtle magnetic fields, on the basis of superconducting loops consisting of Josephson junctions. Sensors in SQUIDs are highly sensitive, which makes them useful for measuring weak bio-magnetic fields. Players operating in the global SQUID sensor market are installing these sensors in both types of SQUIDs i.e. direct current (DC) and radio frequency (RF) operated devices. RF SQUIDs are less sensitive than DC SQUIDs. DC SQUID sensors have high frequency response ranging from DC to a few GHz. RF SQUID sensors can work with only one Josephson junction, which makes the manufacture of end-products less expensive.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global SQUID Sensor Market
- SQUID sensors are employed in a wide range of applications such as transportation; consumer electronics; banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI); and healthcare. This is boosting the global SQUID sensor market.
- High sensitivity of SQUID sensors led by their superconductivity is a key driver of the global SQUID sensor market. This factor is expected to fuel the global SQUID sensor market during the forecast period.
- For a long time, superconducting quantum interference device (SQUID) magnetometers are being used for bio-magnetic studies. Increasing research on these magnetometers consisting of SQUID sensors is another major factor driving the global market for SQUID sensors.
- Superconductive devices function only at low temperatures. Low temperatures are usually maintained with the help of liquid helium. Storage and use of liquid helium requires special, thermally isolated Dewars (named after James Dewar). This factor is projected to hamper the global SQUID sensor market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Low-temperature SQUID Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Exploring new mines requires new technologies and tools. Transient electromagnetics (TEM) is widely used in mineral exploration, but the conventional sensors (especially, induction coils) cannot fulfill requirements such as deep targets, very conductive targets, and targets under conductive overburden. These are more easily (or sometimes only) detected by using SQUIDs.
- Several devices for magnetic field sensing are available in the market, but they are highly sensitive even under low temperatures. Since SQUID sensors can be operated at a low temperature, low-temperature SQUID is expected to be the most rapidly expanding segment in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global SQUID Sensor Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading manufacturer of SQUID sensors, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries account for more than 50% share of the market in the region.
- Increase in the demand for SQUID sensors in automotive & transportation and healthcare industries in Asia Pacific can be attributed to continued urbanization and rising purchasing power of consumers in the region
- SQUID-based magnetometers can be used for effective healthcare monitoring in cardiac applications such as diagnostic systems for non-invasive measurement of heart functions. The expanding healthcare sector in Japan requiring high-quality monitoring systems is estimated to drive the market in the country during the forecast period.
- The military & defense sector in countries such as China and India is adopting sophisticated machines for performing submarine activities. Submarine detection systems need SQUID sensors for anticipation of magnetic fields, if any, being generated from other watercraft. The new, advanced submarines being manufactured would require more number of SQUID sensors for betterment of detection systems.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Global Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global SQUID sensor market is highly consolidated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global SQUID sensor market are:
- Asahi Kasei Microdevices
- Allegro Microsystems
- TDK Corporation
- Infineon Technologies
- TE Connectivity
- NXP Semiconductors
- Kohshin Electric
Global SQUID Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global SQUID Sensor Market, by Type
- Low-temperature SQUID
- High-temperature SQUID
Global SQUID Sensor Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
Global SQUID Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.