Power Inductor Market
Power Inductor Market (Core: Shielded and Non-shielded; Material: Air Core, Ferromagnetic/Ferrite Core, Iron Core, Metal Alloy, and Others; Mounting: Surface Mount Technology and Through Hole Technology; Type: Wire-wound, Multilayer, and Thin-film Power Supply; and Application: Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Industrial, Healthcare, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Manufacturers Continue Commerce During COVID-19 Crisis with Innovations in Compact Power Inductors
Amidst the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, established market players such as Samsung Electro-Mechanics have developed one-of-its-kind claimed smallest power inductors. Manufacturers in the power inductor market are taking strategic cues from established market players to capitalize on business opportunities. As such, there is a growing demand for compact power inductors. Since electronic devices are diversifying in terms of functionalities, manufacturers in the power inductor market are improving the performance of components.
Improvements in the performance and volume of compact power inductors are highly preferred by electronics manufacturers. Manufacturers are applying their material technology and semiconductor substrate manufacturing solutions in the use for reducing the size of power inductors. However, a demand crisis during the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to hurt sales of electronic goods.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Power Inductor Market
Next-gen Automotive Power Inductors Prevent Self-heating and Improve Vehicle Performance
The ever-increasing automotive industry is creating business opportunities for manufacturers in the power inductor market. Companies are re-engineering power inductors, as extreme pressure on DC/DC convertors need to be evened out over a wide temperature range. Manufacturers in the power inductor market are innovating in next-gen components that deliver high reliability and energy efficiency in vehicles. Space constraints in automotive applications have fueled the demand for compact power inductors. Thus, size minimization is a recurring trend in the power inductor market.
Apart from offering improved saturation characteristics and stability in automotive power inductors, manufacturers are increasing their research efforts to offer low DC resistance in inductors. This helps to prevent self-heating and minimizes energy losses.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Solid-core Inductors Versus Air Core Inductors: Which is better?
Air core inductors are being highly publicized for minimal signal loss in higher magnetic field strengths. However, air core inductors are associated with the need for increased number of turns in a coil necessary to achieve the same inductance that would occur in a solid-core inductor.
The power inductor market is anticipated to progress at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. Electronics manufacturers are striving to gain better understanding of solid-core inductors that have low electrical conductivity of air, which translates into low magnetic permeability and lower inductance compared to air core inductors. Both these inductors are balancing out business for manufacturers in the power inductor market, since air core inductors are preferred in radio transmitters.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Power Inductor Market
Although electronics companies are facing a demand shortage during the COVID-19 crisis, growing 5G telecommunication applications and future rise in wearable devices are likely to boost the power inductor market growth. Improving safety in advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) has become crucial for automotive companies. However, automakers have observed that the inductance of automotive power inductors falls sharply at values above the saturation current. Hence, companies should offer improved saturation characteristics and stability in power inductors that help to improve the overall vehicle efficiency. They should innovate in metal-composite inductors to minimize energy losses in automotive applications. Companies must develop hi-fi stereo speakers with air core inductors to ensure minimal sound distortion.
Power Inductor Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global power inductor market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, the development of new technologies in smartphones, laptops, televisions, automotive charging systems, and power steering are expected to boost the global power inductor market during the forecast period. Rise in demand for metal alloy power inductors in infotainment systems for use in automotive applications is projected to drive the power inductor market.
- In terms of revenue, the global power inductor market is expected to reach a value of US$ 2.9 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Growing Adoption of Consumer Electronics Devices: A Key Driver
- Use of consumer electronic devices has largely increased over the past few years, owing to advancements in technology
- Consumer electronic devices include laptops, tablets, notebooks, smartphones, servers, GPS products, set-top boxes, and portable gaming devices. These are extensively used worldwide by all age groups. Continuously increasing adoption of such devices is likely to propel the growth of the power inductor market. Generally, 10-15 power inductors are used in smartphones. The increase in sale of smartphones directly drives the power inductor market.
- Various developments and remarkable evolutions in consumer electronics such as advanced smartphones with 4G and upcoming 5G technology have attracted attention of customers toward technologically innovative products and encouraged them to spend on purchasing these products
- Furthermore, rising living standards have further contributed to the increase in sales of consumer electronic devices. In high growth regions, the rising penetration of emerging Internet technology such as 5G has largely spurred users interest toward the adoption of advanced digital devices.
- Adoption of smartphones has been increasing across high growth regions over the past few years as a result of rising investment in the 5G technology by network operators in all developing regions. According to the GSM Association, a trade body of mobile network operators, the 5G technology is projected to account for 1.2 billion connections by 2025, which is likely to cover one-third of the world’s population.
- According to Gartner, 2,221,270 million units of consumer devices were shipped in year 2018
- Moreover, functionalities in smartphones are constantly growing from touchscreen and fingerprint verification to monitoring and controlling home security systems or manufacturing plants. Premium smartphones use about 10-15 power inductors. The increasing usage of power inductors in these products as well as rising consumer electronic products with better digitalization are driving the power inductor market.
Growing Demand for Miniaturized Components: Latest Market Trend
- A trend toward miniature smartphones, TVs, and other consumer electronics products is increasing worldwide. Moreover, customer preference toward electric and hybrid electric vehicles is rising across high growth regions such as the U.S., Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- Furthermore, shift in consumer demand has created innovative opportunities for the power inductor market. The demand is rising due to capability of advanced power inductors such as wire-wound, multilayer, and thin-film power inductors in terms of reduced size and increased efficiency.
- Thus, demand for miniaturized components is increasing from several industry verticals such as automotive, consumer electronics, and healthcare, which is expected to bolster the growth of the market during the forecast period
Increased Cost of Raw Materials: Major Challenge for Global Market
- Passive electronic components such as antennas, MLCCs, resistors, and inductors are essential products of the electronic industry. Rapidly rising customer demand for these products leads to increase in lead time of passive electronic components and shortage of supply.
- Cost of raw materials is increasing due to high demand compared to raw material availability
- Advancements of technology such as ADAS systems and slimmer smartphones across automotive and consumer electronics industries have resulted in increased demand for passive electronic components. Component manufacturers are investing in scaling up the production capacity in order to meet the rising demand.
- Increased raw material cost due to shortage in the supply of important passive electronic components such as power inductors would have a significant negative impact on the consumer electronics and automotive industry across all regions in the near future, as it is one of the significant consumers of these components
- Increased cost of raw materials is projected to have a medium impact on the market in the Asia Pacific region over the next few years, as manufacturers and customers are trying to adopt procedures that can manage a longer lead time and in-house raw material production
Power Inductor Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of power inductors have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global power inductor market are
- AVX Corporation
- Bourns, Inc.
- Coilmaster Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Coilcraft Inc.
- Cyntec Co., Ltd.
- ETAL Group
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pulse Electronics (Yageo Company)
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Codaca Electronic Co. Ltd.
- SUMIDA CORPORATION
- Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd
- TDK Corporation
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
- West Coast Magnetics
Power Inductor Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of power inductors, such as AVX Corporation, Bourns Inc., and TDK Corporation are focusing on the development of innovative and reliable power inductors. Some other key developments in the global power inductor market are as follows:
- In June 2019, TDK Corporation launched a new power inductor with thin-film produced for mobile device design. The novel product can handle higher current and lower resistance as compared to traditional power inductor products.
- In 2018, AVX Corporation announced a novel product named “Accu-L Series Thin Film Chip Inductors.” The product is developed to ensure significant performance for use in automotive power applications.
- In 2017, Bourns Inc. introduced its three variant novel high current shielded power inductors namely PQ2617BHA, PQ2614BLA, and PQ2614BHA. These products are constructed with a flat wire winding, which offers low AC and DC resistance as well as high saturation current of over 100 A.
- In the report on the global power inductor market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of power inductor. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global power inductor market.
Power Inductor Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global power inductor market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information on key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global power inductor market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global power inductor market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2020–2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global power inductor market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global power inductor market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global power inductor market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global power inductor market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study of Power Inductor Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global power inductor market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in the core segment on the global power inductor market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of power inductors over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global power inductor market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global power inductor market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global power inductor market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global power inductor market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to production of TMR’s study on the global power inductor market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global power inductor market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global power inductor market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global power inductor market more reliable and accurate.
Power Inductor Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study of the global power inductor market segments the market based on core, material, mounting, type, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global power inductor market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.