Voltage Multiplier Market: Introduction
- A voltage multiplier is a special type of diode rectifier circuit which can potentially produce an output voltage many times greater than applied input voltage.
- Although it is usual in electronic circuits to use a voltage transformer to increase the voltage, sometimes a suitable step-up transformer or a specially insulated transformer required for high voltage applications may not always be available. One alternative approach is to use a diode voltage multiplier circuit which increases or “steps-up” the voltage without the use of a transformer.
- Voltage multipliers are similar in many ways to rectifiers in that they convert AC-to-DC voltages for use in many electrical and electronic circuit applications such as in microwave ovens, strong electric field coils for cathode-ray tubes, electrostatic and high voltage test equipment, etc. where it is necessary to have a very high DC voltage generated from a relatively low AC supply.
- A voltage multiplier circuit is made from two half-wave rectifier circuits. By adding a second diode and capacitor to the output of a standard half-wave rectifier, its output voltage can be increased by a set amount. This type of voltage multiplier configuration is known as a Full Wave Series Multiplier because one of the diodes is conducting in each half cycle, the same as for a full wave rectifier circuit.
Rise in Demand for Voltage Multipliers in Electrical and Electronics Industry
- The global voltage multiplier market is expected to witness sound growth over the period of assessment due to increased demand from various end-use segments, particularly the industrial sector.
- Voltage multipliers find substantial use in high voltage supplies to cathode ray tubes, which are found inside televisions. This is likely to propel the growth of voltage multipliers during the forecast period.
- It is quite common for electric circuits to make use of voltage transformers to increase voltage for use in various high voltage applications, such as experiments in science labs. These multipliers find abundant use in several electronic and electrical circuit appliances such as strong electric field coils for cathode-ray tubes, ovens, and microwaves. Such numerous use drives the global voltage multiplier market.
North America to Lead the Global Voltage Multiplier Market
- In terms of region, the global voltage multiplier market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America has the largest market share due to increase in investment in research & development activities by manufacturers to develop technologically advanced voltage multipliers .
- In Europe, the increased use of voltage multiplier applications such as microwaves, cathode ray tube, and ovens is expected to propel the growth of the global voltage multiplier market.
- Markets such as Asia Pacific and the Middle East are projected to see significant growth due to rising demand for microwaves and ovens for kitchen use in these regions.
Key Players in the Global Voltage Multiplier Market
- AM Power Systems
- Dean Technology, Inc.
- Diversified Technologies, Inc.
- Exxelia Group
- Metrohm AG
- Teledyne Reynolds Inc.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
Global Voltage Multiplier Market, Research Scope
Global Voltage Multiplier Market, by Type
- High Voltage Multiplier
- Low Voltage Multiplier
Global Voltage Multiplier Market, by Product Type
- Voltage Doublers
- Half-wave Voltage Doubler
- Full-wave Voltage Doubler
- Voltage Tipplers
- Voltage Quadruple
Global Voltage Multiplier Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Power
Global Voltage Multiplier Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.