Uroflowmeter Market: Introduction
- Uroflowmeter is a medical device used to measure the flow of urine. The measurement of urine flow is also known as uroflometry, which is performed to measure the amount of voided urine during urination. This test is used to identify difficulties in urination, such as slow urination, weak urine stream, or others. This test can also be used to check the performance of sphincter muscles that prevent urine leakage. Certain conditions, such as benign prostatic hypertrophy, enlargement of the prostate gland, which can block the urethra completely, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, or urinary blockage, can affect the flow of urine.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Uroflowmeter Market
- There is a high prevalence of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and rise in the rate of prostate gland enlargement among geriatric population. According to an NIH study, the overall prevalence of chronic kidney disease in general public is nearly 15%. High blood pressure and diabetes are primary causes of chronic kidney disease. Around 50% of people suffering from chronic kidney disease are either diabetic or have cardiovascular disease (CVD). Enlargement of the prostate gland is a common problem in men aged above 58 years. It causes blockage of the urinary tract, which restricts proper urination. Moreover, rise in the prevalence of urinary bladder cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia, growing economy, and increase in awareness about health care are factors that are expected to drive the global uroflowmeter market during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements in terms of different modalities and mergers & acquisitions among leading players are prominent trends observed in the global uroflowmeter market
- Geriatric population is expected to increase the patient pool worldwide, which, in turn, is projected to drive the uroflowmeter market during the forecast period. Based on the United Nations Report in 2017, geriatric population, aged 60 years and above, is expected to rise two-fold by 2050. The number is projected to reach 2.1 billion, an increase from 962 million in 2017. Furthermore, the geriatric patient pool in developing regions, such as Latin America, Asia, and Africa, is anticipated to rise rapidly. For instance, the number of geriatric people in developing regions is estimated to increase by 154% between 2017 and 2050, exceeding 1.6 billion by 2050.
Hospitals End-user Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- Hospitals end-user segment is expected to account for the highest share of the uroflowmeter market by 2027. The hospitals segment is projected to exhibit a positive market attractiveness during the forecast period. Surge in the number of baby boomers aged 50 years and above suffering from urologic disorders and a rise in the number of surgeries performed in hospitals are projected to propel the adoption of uroflowmeter, which, in turn, will to boost market growth.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Lead Global Uroflowmeter Market
- In terms of region, the global uroflowmeter market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America continues to be the most profitable region for vendors operating in the global uroflowmeter market, owing to rise in prevalence of bladder cancer in the region, significant adoption of technologically advanced products, presence of a large number of manufacturers in the U.S., and high health care spending in the region
- According to The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the overall incidence of urinary retention is 4.5 to 6.8 per 1,000 men, per year, in the U.S. It also states that more than 250,000 surgical procedures for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) are performed every year in the U.S., leading to 2 million office visits. This is likely to propel the demand for uroflowmeter in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Uroflowmeter Market
The global uroflowmeter market is highly fragmented, in terms of number of players. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- tic Medizintechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- EV.SERVICE ITALIA SRL
- Aymed Group of Companies
- CellSonic Medical
- Medispec Ltd.
Global Uroflowmeter Market, by Product
- Wireless Uroflowmeter
- Urine Uroflowmeter with Printers
- Uroflowmeter with Pelvic Electromyography
Global Uroflowmeter Market, by End-user
- Urology Clinics
- Diagnostic & Pathology Laboratories
Global Uroflowmeter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.