Uroflowmeter Market: Introduction
- Uroflowmeter is a medical device used to measure the flow of urine. The measurement of urine flow is also known as uroflometry, which is performed to measure the amount of voided urine during urination. This test is used to identify difficulties in urination, such as slow urination, weak urine stream, or others. This test can also be used to check the performance of sphincter muscles that prevent urine leakage. Certain conditions, such as benign prostatic hypertrophy, enlargement of the prostate gland, which can block the urethra completely, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, or urinary blockage, can affect the flow of urine.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Uroflowmeter Market
- There is a high prevalence of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and rise in the rate of prostate gland enlargement among geriatric population. According to an NIH study, the overall prevalence of chronic kidney disease in general public is nearly 15%. High blood pressure and diabetes are primary causes of chronic kidney disease. Around 50% of people suffering from chronic kidney disease are either diabetic or have cardiovascular disease (CVD). Enlargement of the prostate gland is a common problem in men aged above 58 years. It causes blockage of the urinary tract, which restricts proper urination. Moreover, rise in the prevalence of urinary bladder cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia, growing economy, and increase in awareness about health care are factors that are expected to drive the global uroflowmeter market during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements in terms of different modalities and mergers & acquisitions among leading players are prominent trends observed in the global uroflowmeter market
- Geriatric population is expected to increase the patient pool worldwide, which, in turn, is projected to drive the uroflowmeter market during the forecast period. Based on the United Nations Report in 2017, geriatric population, aged 60 years and above, is expected to rise two-fold by 2050. The number is projected to reach 2.1 billion, an increase from 962 million in 2017. Furthermore, the geriatric patient pool in developing regions, such as Latin America, Asia, and Africa, is anticipated to rise rapidly. For instance, the number of geriatric people in developing regions is estimated to increase by 154% between 2017 and 2050, exceeding 1.6 billion by 2050.
Hospitals End-user Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- Hospitals end-user segment is expected to account for the highest share of the uroflowmeter market by 2027. The hospitals segment is projected to exhibit a positive market attractiveness during the forecast period. Surge in the number of baby boomers aged 50 years and above suffering from urologic disorders and a rise in the number of surgeries performed in hospitals are projected to propel the adoption of uroflowmeter, which, in turn, will to boost market growth.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Lead Global Uroflowmeter Market
- In terms of region, the global uroflowmeter market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America continues to be the most profitable region for vendors operating in the global uroflowmeter market, owing to rise in prevalence of bladder cancer in the region, significant adoption of technologically advanced products, presence of a large number of manufacturers in the U.S., and high health care spending in the region
- According to The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the overall incidence of urinary retention is 4.5 to 6.8 per 1,000 men, per year, in the U.S. It also states that more than 250,000 surgical procedures for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) are performed every year in the U.S., leading to 2 million office visits. This is likely to propel the demand for uroflowmeter in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Uroflowmeter Market
The global uroflowmeter market is highly fragmented, in terms of number of players. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- tic Medizintechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- EV.SERVICE ITALIA SRL
- Aymed Group of Companies
- CellSonic Medical
- Medispec Ltd.
Global Uroflowmeter Market, by Product
- Wireless Uroflowmeter
- Urine Uroflowmeter with Printers
- Uroflowmeter with Pelvic Electromyography
Global Uroflowmeter Market, by End-user
- Urology Clinics
- Diagnostic & Pathology Laboratories
Global Uroflowmeter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.