UAV GNSS Antenna: Introduction
- The GNSS is a Navigation Satellite System that covers all global satellite positioning systems, receivers, and corresponding antennas
- The GNSS antenna is used to receive radio signals transmitted on specific frequencies by satellites
- Different types of unmanned vehicles, such as UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles), UGVs (unmanned ground vehicles), and AUVs (autonomous underwater vehicles), always transmit and receive various signals. These signals may be GNSS signals, telemetry, sensor data signals, cellular, and Wi-Fi communication signals, which are required to connect to the Internet of Things (IoT) and to make a network connection.
- The GNSS antenna receives signals transmitted by satellites in GNSS constellations including GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and BeiDou. These signals consist of data that is needed for UAVs and unmanned systems to decide position, velocity, and timing.
Rise in Demand for UAV GNSS Antenna Globally
- UAV GNSS antennas are small and light in weight, equipped with high performance, multi-constellation and multi-frequency patented antennas, which are preferred for both fixed and rotary winged vehicles. These antennas are much needed for UAVs and Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) that integrate with inertial navigation systems.
- UAV GNSS antennas offer a prediction of coordinates in space, based on velocity and time, in order to assist in the navigation and positioning of receiver systems
- The UAV GNSS antenna is widely used in various transportation applications such as space stations, aviation, maritime, rail, road and mass transit. The positioning, navigation and timing features of GNSS antenna are required in telecommunications, land surveying, law enforcement, emergency response, precision agriculture, mining, finance, scientific research, etc. They are widely utilized to control computer networks, air traffic, power grid systems, etc.
North America to Lead Global UAV GNSS Antenna Market
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global UAV GNSS antenna market owing to increased demand for unmanned technologies by military forces for surveillance, communications, navigation, and signal intelligence (SIGINT). The aerospace and defense sector is witnessing a consistent demand for advanced technologies to increase the capabilities of unmanned aerial vehicles, which also boosts the global UAV GNSS antenna market.
- Increasing investments by major players in North America for the development of unmanned vehicles antennas, rising focus toward border surveillance activities are fueling the usage of UHF-enabled military UAVs in the U.S. This is estimated to boost the UAV GNSS antenna market in the region.
- The UAV GNSS antenna market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand considerably during the forecast period due to an increase in demand for commercial UAVs in countries, such as India and China, and expansion of the satellite communication industry in the region
- Rising number of aircraft deliveries and increased spending by governments for advanced technologies in military and defense sector in Europe are anticipated to propel the global UAV GNSS antenna market in the region
Key Players of Global UAV GNSS Antenna Market
- Tallysman Wireless Inc.
- Welotec GmbH
- San Jose Technology, Inc.
- Novatel Inc.
- ZHEJIANG JC Antenna Co., Ltd.
- Trimble Inc.
- Molex LLC
Global UAV GNSS Antenna Market: Research Scope
Global UAV GNSS Antenna Market, by Product Type
- Helix Antennas
- Patch Antennas
Global UAV GNSS Antenna Market, by Application
- Military Drones
- Civilian Drones
Global UAV GNSS Antenna Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!