Three Ignition Coils Market: Introduction
- Stringent regulations for reduction in vehicle emission of automobiles are expected to boost the demand for technologies that increase vehicle fuel-efficiency in the automotive industry. Three ignition coils, or coil-on-plug ignition system, increases vehicle fuel-efficiency by properly adjusting spark timing for fuel ignition in vehicle cylinders, which in turn increases the fuel efficiency of vehicles.
- The switching function in an ignition system in a majority of modern vehicles is handled by the PCM (powertrain control module). The PCM receives input signals from various components in the ignition system, including basic timing signals, input from crankshaft position sensor, airflow sensor, throttle position sensor, coolant sensor, and MAP sensor. These input signals are analyzed and employed to make timing adjustments between each/ respective cylinder firings, thereby improving spark plug and fuel combustion timing in vehicles. Additionally, the three ignition coils system is highly responsive and quick to adapt to changing engine loads and driving conditions.
Key Drivers of Three Ignition Coils Market
- Rise in number of regulations and vehicle standards pertaining to vehicle performance across the globe are expected to offer lucrative opportunity for key players engaged in the global three ignition coils market. Each cylinder having a separate ignition coil enables each coil to have more time to recharge between consecutive cylinder firings while the vehicle is in operation. In a single coil distributor system, a coil must fire (ignition) twice per revolution of the crankshaft in case of a four cylinder engine, and four times in case of a V-engine, while a three coil ignition system has to fire only once in every other revolution of the crankshaft. This, in turn, provides more time for saturation to a hot spark in case of higher rpm when firing times are reduced by a higher margin; consequently, reducing misfire incidents and vehicle has cleaner combustion.
- Rise in adoption of three ignition coil system, owing to high performance, low vehicle emissions, and low maintenance costs, is expected to drive the global three ignition coils market. Placing an individual ignition coils directly on each spark plug reduces the requirements for bulky and long, expensive high voltage spark plug cables. The reduced number of spark cables further reduces radio frequency interference caused by spark plug operation, thereby eliminating potential misfire situations caused by burned, chaffed, or loose cables. Additionally, the lesser the number of spark plug cables, the lower resistance along the path between the coil and plug. This, in turn, enables ignition coil manufacturers to design smaller, lighter, and energy-efficient spark plugs required for ignition systems.
Three Ignition Coils Market: Restraint
- Globally, consumers are increasingly adopting green vehicles, i.e. electric vehicles (EVs) owing to low emissions, government subsidies on purchase of an EV and low operating costs compared to traditional IC-engine vehicles. Furthermore, advancements in EV battery technology have increased the cruising range of EVs, subsiding consumer worries about frequent charging requirements for EVs.
- Electric vehicles do not require an ignition system to start the vehicle. Therefore, rising trend toward electric vehicles is restraining the global three ignition coils market.
Asia Pacific to dominate Three Ignition Coils Market
- In terms of region, the three ignition coils market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to hold a major share of the three ignition coils market owing to an increase in production and sale of passenger vehicles across China, South Korea, and India. Majority of automotive brands including Hyundai, Suzuki, BMW, and Toyota, are anticipated to manufacture and introduce their vehicle models for the population in Asia Pacific, thereby increasing production of vehicles in the region. Additionally, Asia Pacific has presence of well-established supply chain network catering to the automobile aftermarket. All the factors mentioned above are booting the three ignition coils market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Three Ignition Coils Market
The three ignition coils market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the three ignition coils market are:
- ACDelco (General Motors)
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Delphi Auto Parts
- Denso Corporation
- Diamond Electric Mfg. Co. Ltd.
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Ltd.
- MARSHALL ELECTRIC, CORP
- Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- NGK Spark Plugs USA, Inc.
- Pulse Electronics (Yageo Company)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Tenneco Inc.
- Valeo SA
- Walker Products, Inc.
Global Three Ignition Coils Market: Research Scope
Global Three Ignition Coils Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Three Ignition Coils Market, by Engine Technology
Global Three Ignition Coils Market, by Sales Channel
Global Three Ignition Coils Market, by Component
- Ignition Coil
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Position Sensors
- Knock Sensors
- Spark Plug
Global Three Ignition Coils Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.