Pickup Truck Market
Pickup Truck Market (Truck Type: Small, Medium, and Full Size; and Propulsion: Diesel, Gasoline, Hybrid, and Electric) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
COVID-19 Sparks Shortage in Inventory and Hampers Market Growth
A potential pickup truck shortage is an issue that is joining the list of ramifications caused by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. As stated by popular news outlets, Charlie Gilchrist, the president of Gilchrist Automotive, reported that his company is experiencing a crunch in demand, since auto manufacturing has come to a standstill amidst the COVID-19 lockdown.
A significant drop in financing deals are also negatively impacting the pickup truck market. Automotive manufacturers in the pickup truck market are also experiencing a shortage in inventory. Thus, high-end and heavier versions of trucks are under scrutiny for reported shortage in inventory. Hence, manufacturers are relying on the hopes that the novel virus subsides soon, which will help to resume manufacturing plants and revive market growth.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Pickup Truck Market
Improvisations in Tailgates of Pickup Trucks Grab Attention of Premium Customers
Automotive giants are making big-budget investments for the marketing of pickup trucks. Likewise, companies are reinventing the tailgate in trucks to suit the convenience of owners. For instance, the General Motors Company— a global leader in development and services of automobile and automotive parts, conducted a marketing campaign called the this-ain’t-your-father’s-tailgate movement with their MultiPro Tailgate, which is an origami wonder that can be deployed in six different ways.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Companies in the pickup truck market are increasing their research spending to introduce waterproof speakers in trucks that meet requirements of premium customers who own pickups to achieve an important social status among their social circle. Investments in the marketing of pickup trucks is compared to that of the GDP of a small nation. This is evident since the pickup truck market is projected to reach the ~US$ 950 Bn by the end of 2030.
Customer-centric Features Such as Lockable Storage Units Creating Revenue Streams
Companies in the pickup truck market are shifting their focus from meeting the comfort of owners to adopting a more problem-solving approach. Key market players are tapping into opportunities to meet the needs of adventurers. For instance, Ram Trucks— a leading U.S. brand of light- to mid-weight commercial vehicles introduced RamBoxes, a pair of lockable storage units accessible from the curbside and spacious enough to store a rifle or a collapsed fishing pole. Thus, manufacturers in the pickup truck market are keeping a close tab on the types of activities pursued by its target customers to strategically market their pickup offerings.
Towing cameras are another important innovation in pickup trucks. Conventional pickup trucks are devoid of these cameras, thus creating hesitation among owners in cases when their trucks are towed. Thus, trailer-mounted cameras help owners to keep an eye on what is astern of the vehicle.
FAQs Help Address Ambiguity over Regulations and Boosts Sales
Stringent regulations for recreational and commercial pickup trucks are some of the restraining factors that are slowing the sales of vehicles, thus impacting the expansion of the pickup truck market. This market in North America is expected to generate the highest revenue. However, new rules for personal-use pickup trucks and trailers in Ontario such as prohibition on carrying commercial tools or cargo have led to a resistance in the adoption of pickup trucks. Hence, automobile manufacturers should address frequently asked questions (FAQs) of customers to boost sales of trucks.
Backup assists are being highly preferred by truck owners. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D in programming to assist the driver in challenging situations. For instance, leading U.S. multinational automaker Ford is increasing awareness about its Pro Trailer Backup Assist that uses math to fit a large camper into a tight space.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Pickup Truck Market
Automotive companies are anticipated to experience a potential shortage in inventory due to auto manufacturing shutdown amidst the COVID-19 crisis. Programming innovations are becoming increasingly prominent in the pickup trucks market in order to innovate in backup assist features of vehicles.
The pickup truck market is estimated to register a sluggish CAGR of 2% during the forecast period. Recurring regulations pertaining to pickup trucks and trailers such as exemptions on inspection depending on the gross vehicle weight ratings are slowing down the sales of vehicles. Hence, dealers should introduce convenient vehicle leasing and financing techniques such as subscription-based models to boost sales.
Pickup Truck Market: Overview
- The global pickup truck market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~2% between 2020 and 2030
- Decline in demand for vehicles across the globe due to the coronavirus pandemic has led to a decline in the sales of pickup trucks in the 2nd quarter of 2020
- Pickup trucks are highly popular in North America and Europe due to the ability to be utilized for multiple applications such as hauling carriages and transportation of goods
Drivers of Pickup Truck Market
- The popularity of less than load (LTL) systems around a decade ago was majorly due to a surge in interest in large distribution center models, wherein trucks entered from one side and left from the other side. However, the last couple of years witnessed the revival of the less-than-load industry, primarily driven by the boom of the e-Commerce sector and significant penetration of automation in factories across the globe.
- Evolving manufacturing models coupled with high demand from the LTL side is likely to boost the LTL transportation across the globe. Demand for efficient LTL transportation is likely to be driven by a rise in the number of smaller shipments due to expansion of the e-Commerce sector.
- Rising penetration of smartphones and access to speedy Internet services has boosted consumer preference toward online shopping, which requires pickup trucks to deliver products. This, in turn, is anticipated to propel the pickup truck market during the forecast period.
- Increase in middle class population across the globe has resulted in the rise in consumption, which in turn is expected to boost the goods transport volumes. Changes in consumer tastes and preferences where people are inclined toward Western lifestyles have led to a rise in the demand for deliveries that takes lesser time. This, in turn, is projected to drive the last mile delivery, which is likely to propel the pickup truck market during the forecast period.
- Rising urbanization has resulted in an increase in transport volumes. Rapid expansion of the Internet retailing market across the globe is driving the first and last mile delivery market. Rising popularity of online shopping in countries is a key factor to drive the pickup truck market across the globe.
Challenges for Pickup Truck Market
- Pickup trucks are extensively employed for commercial activities and hence, the cost of the full size pickup trucks is significantly high. Additionally, increasingly stringent emission regulations are likely to drive the market for electric pickup trucks, which are even more expensive. Thus, the high cost of the pickup trucks is a major restraint for the market.
Pickup Truck Market: Segmentation
- Based on truck type, the medium segment held a leading share of the market, in terms of volume, in 2019; however, the full size segment accounted for a prominent share in terms of revenue. Medium type trucks are conventional pickup trucks and are highly popular in majority of regions, which is attributed to the high market share held by the segment in the global pickup truck market.
- Small pickup trucks are continuously gaining popularity, which in turn is propelling the market for pickup trucks. Moreover, rising focus toward the development of high economy vehicles for SMEs drives the segment. On the other hand, higher popularity of full size trucks in North America and Europe due to their use in multipurpose application can be attributed to the significant share held by the full size segment of the global market.
- Based on propulsion, the diesel segment held a prominent share, in terms of revenue, of the global market in 2019. Most full size trucks are diesel fueled, as diesel engines are capable of producing higher torque as compared to that generated by gasoline engines, which in turn propels the diesel segment of the pickup truck market.
- Gasoline propulsion systems are mostly used by medium pickup trucks in North America and GCC Countries. Gasoline vehicles are more popular, owing to high availability of the gasoline. Additionally, gasoline is considered as a cleaner fuel as compared to diesel, which is boosting the gasoline segment. Hybrid and electric segments are anticipated to expand in the near future.
Pickup Truck Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, North America and Europe held a significant share of the global pickup truck market in 2019, owing to high production of trucks and higher preference for pickup trucks in the region. The global pickup truck market is directly influenced by expansion of small- and medium-scale enterprises.
- Presence of the major pickup truck manufacturers, such as Ford Motor Company, GMC, and Toyota, led the region to hold a high share of the global market. High affordability and presence of SMEs in the region are propelling the demand for pickup trucks in Europe and North America.
- The global pickup truck market is anticipated to expand during the forecast period, owing to an increase in affordability of vehicles among consumers and transition of people into middle and upper middle income group. For instance, after a global slowdown in the automobile industry, several governments have reduced taxes on automobiles to encourage sale of vehicles. This resulted in an increase in sale of vehicles in the second half of 2019.
Pickup Truck Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the global pickup truck market include
- Ford Motor Company
- FAW Group
- Fiat Chrysler Automobile
- General Motor Company
- Great Wall Motors
- Honda Motor Company, Ltd.
- Isuzu Motors Ltd.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Mercedes Benz
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Tata Motors
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Volkswagen AG
- Ford Motor Company and General Motor Truck Company (a division of General Motor Company) have been key manufacturers of pickup trucks. Ford F-series, RAM Pickup, and Chevrolet Silverado are some of the highest sold pickup trucks by leading manufacturers.
Pickup Truck Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the pickup truck market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the pickup truck market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2020 to 2030, wherein, 2019 is the base year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the pickup truck market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the pickup truck market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the pickup truck market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the pickup truck market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Pickup Truck Market
- How much value will the pickup truck market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2030?
- What are the impact factors and there effects on the market for pickup trucks?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall pickup truck market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the pickup truck market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the pickup truck market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the pickup truck market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for pickup truck market?
This report answers these questions and more about the pickup truck market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Pickup Truck Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the pickup truck market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the pickup truck market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the pickup truck market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the pickup truck market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the pickup truck market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the pickup truck market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Pickup Truck Market – Segmentation
This report on the pickup truck market provides information on the basis of truck type, propulsion, and region.
Middle East & Africa