Thermoplastic Connector: Introduction
- Thermoplastic connectors are multi-pole power connectors that are used to establish electric power supply connection
- Use of plastics in thermoplastic connectors offers many advantages: it is lighter than steel, has very high impact-resistance, and is ideal to use in harsh environment applications
- Thermoplastic connectors have good resistance to chemical attacks and excellent insulating properties that make it suitable for electrical and electronics applications
- Additionally, machining and maintenance of thermoplastic connectors is easy, and no special tools are needed
- Thermoplastic connectors are available in lightweight, compact size, and are used for heavy equipment applications
- Thermoplastic connectors are used for various applications including transportation, heavy equipment, power generation, mining, marine, mobile equipment, and railway
Rise in Demand for Thermoplastic Connectors for Use in Industrial Fields
- Thermoplastic connectors are used in multiple industries to deliver compact, robust, weatherproof, and reliable connections for harsh environments
- Thermoplastic connectors are suitable for AC power supply where a latch locking connector is required. These connectors establish secure connection for heavy equipment and power generation use.
- Technological advancement in thermoplastic connectors leads to the introduction of light weight, easy machining with normal tools, with good insulating properties, and compact size
- As a result of these factors, demand for thermoplastic connectors for industrial applications is growing, which is expected to drive the global thermoplastic connector market during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Thermoplastic Connectors Market, Request for a Sample
Increasing Use of Thermoplastic Connectors for Automotive Applications
- Thermoplastic connectors are significantly used for automobile use, such as hybrid and electric vehicles, to electrically and mechanically join wires and cables, printed circuit boards, and batteries
- Thermoplastic connectors used in automotive applications are built to withstand tough conditions
- Additionally, these connectors are used in railway applications, which is anticipated to drive the growth of the global thermoplastic connector market during the forecast period
North America to Lead the Thermoplastic Connector Market
- In terms of region, the global thermoplastic connector market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global thermoplastic connector market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of thermoplastic connectors operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in electrical products which is expected to boost the thermoplastic connector market in the region during the forecast period
- The thermoplastic connector market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Thermoplastic Connector Market
The global thermoplastic connector market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for thermoplastic connectors. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global thermoplastic connector market are:
- Amphenol Tuchel Industrial GmbH
- Hamitherm B.V.
- HARTING Technology Group
- Kent Automotive
- Lawson Products, Inc.
- SCHURTER Holding AG
- TE Connectivity
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Thermoplastic Connector Market: Research Scope
Global Thermoplastic Connector Market, by Material Type
- Polycarbonate Plastic
- ABS Plastic
Global Thermoplastic Connector Market, by Application
- Heavy Equipment
- Power Generation
- Mobile Equipment
Global Thermoplastic Connector Market, by End-user
- Power & Utility
Global Thermoplastic Connector Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.