Sports Glass Market - Overview
Sports glass also known as sports eyewear is a device consisting of glass or plastic lenses worn by sportspersons. Sports equipment have gained considerable popularity and sports glass has been developed over a period of time. Sports glass are worn by players in different sports such as badminton, lacrosse, baseball, basketball, cycling, soccer, squash, and field and ice hockey, for protection. Some sports associations have made it compulsory to wear sports glass while playing in the ground. Sports glass not only protects the eyes from injury, but also from insects, sunrays, dirt, and wind.
Sports Glass Market - Drivers and Restraints
Increasing interest in sports and rise in disposable income are fuelling the growth of the global sports glass market. Various governments have invested in games and sports which will increase the participation of players and eventually drive the sports glass market. Sports glass comes in different varieties and technology and also specific glass for different sports. For instance, in cycling, a cyclist needs high speed bearing glasses which can offer protection from wind as well as sunlight, dust, and insects. For ice hockey, players need a strong and stable glass which can protect the eyes from any possible physical injury. There are sports glasses for different sunlight ranging from a very bright to dull sunlight.
Manufacturers are innovating products to make them more comfortable and lightweight. Some manufacturers have introduced adjustable inclination in the sports glass. This will help by adjusting the sports glasses on the temples of the ear. The color or shades of the glasses depend on the requirement in sports. Some companies have introduced changeable lens sports glasses to deal with any lighting condition. Dark lens are suitable for intense light and orange colored lenses are suitable for diffused light, and for use during dawn, overcast skies, and at dusk. Clear lenses do not absorb any light and they offer comprehensive protection against UV radiation, dust, wind, and insects. Some brands also offer changeable lenses together with the glasses in a case.
Sports glass comes in different sizes and shapes for different genders according to the requirement in sports. Glasses are available in materials such as plastic, metal, wood, bone etc. The most popular metals for sports glass are titanium, flexon and steel.
There are some restraints and disadvantages of sports glass which can affect the demand for the product. Some sports restrict the use of glasses. Invention of contact lenses has hampered the growth in the sales of sports glass. Contact lens is gaining popularity as a substitute for sports glass and it can affect the growth in demand for sports glass. Moreover, sports glass does not have firmness and can easily fall off and get damaged.
Sports Glass Market - Segmentation
The global sports glass market can be segmented based on material type, gender, distribution channel, and region. In terms of material type, the sports glass market is segmented into plastic, metal, and others. Based on gender, the sports glass market can be classified into male, female, and kids. In terms of distribution channel, the sports glass market is categorized into online and offline channel. Further, the offline channel is segmented into hypermarket and supermarket, exclusive stores, specialty stores, and multi-brand stores. Based on region, the sports glass market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Sports Glass Market - Key Players
Some of the key players in the global sports glass market are Oakley, Inc., Luxottica Group SpA, Charmant USA Inc., Lindberg, TAG Heuer S.A., Dolce & Gabbana Luxembourg S.à.r.l., Prada Retail UK, Seiko Group, Zenni Optical Inc., Nike Inc., Safilo S.p.A. and Kering.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.