Sports Car DCT Market: Introduction
- Increase demand for sport cars in most developed countries, due to rising disposable income and increasing technological trend, is expected to boost the sports car DCT market. Dual-clutch transmission (DCT), also called as twin-clutch transmission, is considered as a multi-speed vehicle transmission system. The DCT has two clutches that are used for odd and even set of gears. The design of twin-clutch is similar to that of two separate clutches; however, it works as a single unit and generates high torque. Rising use of DCT technology improves the speed and performance of sports cars.
Key Drivers of Sports Car DCT Market
- Increasing demand for low power loss, faster transmission, and efficient fuel economy in sports cars boosts the adoption of DCT technology. Increase in disposable income and purchasing power of the consumer has further driven the preference for luxury and sports cars. Moreover, sports cars are equipped with advanced technology, such as high comfort and safety, lower engine noise, use of carbon-fiber monocoque for higher rigidity, gold-lined engines to manage the generated heat, and central driving position, which attracts customers and propels the demand for sports cars.
- The conventional internal combustion engine of a sports car has high carbon emission, which leads to adoption of dual clutch transmission (DCT) technology. DCT helps reduces carbon emission in sports cars, increases engine performance and provides better driving experience. Furthermore, implementation of stringent carbon emission policies by governments, due to rising awareness about human health and environment, has increased the adoption of dual-clutch transmission in sports cars.
Challenges in Sports Car DCT Market
- Increasing production and sales of electric vehicles, owing to government incentives and carbon emission regulations, is projected to hamper the sports car DCT market. Moreover, a rise in import tariffs on sports cars, where a consumer need to pay huge taxable amount to the government, hinders the sales of sports cars and hampers the DCT market. Furthermore, the use of sports cars across the world is significantly less as compared to than other conventional cars, which further hampers the aftermarket demand for dual-clutch transmission and restrains the market.
- Due to onset of COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of the global businesses where hampered, and lockdown has forced the people to stay at home, which has dropped the automotive sales and declines the market growth of sport cars. Moreover, COVID-19 pandemic has also disrupted the global supply chains, which resulted in shortage of raw material that is required for auto parts manufacturing. This supply shortage stopped manufacturing processes and subsequently, hampered the sports cars DCT market.
Opportunities in Sports Car DCT Market
- Increasing demand for car racing and motorsports in developed countries fuels the consumption of sports cars, which in turn is expected to propel the sports car DCT market during the forecast period. Car racing events such as open-wheel racing, touring car racing, sports car racing, production-car racing, one-make racing, and time attack series, have increases the sales of sports cars. These sports cars are equipped with originally manufactured DCT technology to improve their speed and performance, which further augments the sports car DCT market. Moreover, Formula One racing is organized every year and is considered as one of the fastest racing events. This event requires a separate type of sports cars, which also drives the demand of dual-clutch transmission.
- Consumers are interested in on-road vehicle performance, which prompts manufacturers to develop sports cars integrated with trending technological features. This, in turn, further enhances car sales. Moreover, consumers have high preference for hybrid DCT sport cars, which also propels the market.
Sports Car DCT Market in Europe to Expand Significantly
- Popularity of sports car DCT system is increasing in Europe, due to rising sales of sport cars in Europe, growing organization of sports events, and high presence of sports car manufacturers in the region. Europe accounted for a major share sports car sales, in terms of revenue, in 2019. The revenue share generated by the Netherlands was around 9.5% and Switzerland was around 7.2%, thereby boosting the sports car DCT market in the region. Moreover, prominent manufacturers of sports cars in Europe such as Porsche generated highest revenue in 2019, which further enhances the demand for sports cars in the region. Europe is also home to a significantly high number of DCT manufacturers such as ZF Friedrichshafen, Continental AG, Valeo, and Magna International, which also fuel the market in the region. Additionally, the region also has a considerably high number of automotive research bases in Germany, France, and the Netherlands, which is expected to propel the market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Sports Car DCT Market
The global sports car DCT market is moderately consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global sports car DCT market are:
- Magna International Inc.
- Continental AG
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Daimler AG.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Eaton Corporation plc
- Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A.
- Punch Powertrain Nanjing
Global Sports Car DCT Market: Research Scope
Global Sports Car DCT Market, by Clutch Type
Global Sports Car DCT Market, by Transmission
Global Sports Car DCT Market, by Sales Channel
Global Sports Car DCT Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.