Sound Cards Market: Introduction
- Sound cards, also called audio cards, are integrated circuits that accept and convert analog sound from external devices into digital data, which can be stored in file or vice versa
- Sound cards are majorly directly integrated on the motherboard of the system or devices; however, external additional cards are preferred for higher quality audio; there is separate provision where the card can be plugged in to the board
- Sound card consists of four major components an analog to digital converter, digital to analog converter, PCI interface for connecting with board, input and output interface, and software driver, which allows the card to communicate with the operating system.
- Several sound cards use digital signal processing (DSP) in them to reduce the load on the processor and process the signal using DSP present in the sound card for faster output
Rise in Demand in Gaming and Audio-Video Gadgets
- The gaming industry is witnessing an increase in adoption of numerous advanced products to boost customer experience significantly, and sound an important feature in these products. Sound technologies such as 3D sound provide a realistic feel to the user, which is fueling the demand for gaming consoles and consequently, propelling the sound cards market.
- Sound cards is a key component in laptops, notebooks, television, audio mixers, and musical instruments. Furthermore, the sound card is being utilized in numerous end-user sectors such as industrial, gaming, cinema, music, and automobiles. These sectors are increasingly adopting sound cards to provide more natural sound experience.
- Consumer electronics such smartphones, home theaters, headphones, and VR gadgets have also witnessed a surge in the demand for sound cards
North America to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- North America is likely to account for a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period, owing to the presence of techno-savvy customers in the region. Advancements in various industries such as cinema and music are also estimated to boost the sound cards market in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is also projected to expand considerably owing to robust consumer sector and gaming industry in countries such as Japan, Korea, and China
Key Players in Global Sound Cards Market
Numerous key players operate in the global sound card market.
Key players include:
- Ad Lib, Inc.
- HT Omega
- E-MU Systems
- Turtle Beach
Global Sound Cards Market Scope
Global Sound Cards Market, by Type
- Motherboard mounted sound cards
- Standard expansion sound cards
- External sound adapters
Global Sound Cards Market, by Application
- Computer or laptop
- Audio Gadgets
Global Sound Cards Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!