Solid State Power Amplifiers: Introduction
- Power amplifiers are used to increase the power available to a load. The solid-state power amplifier consists of transistor circuits in order to convert an electrical signal into an audio wave output, which can be used for further applications.
- Solid state power amplifiers operate through the preamplifier stage at start of the circuit and the power amplifier stage at the end
- Solid state amplifiers consists of active devices such as Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) or Gallium Nitrate (GaN). These devices have good linearity and efficiency; hence, they are used for amplification purposes.
- Solid state power amplifiers are utilized in diverse applications such as airborne, missile, radars, and communications
Rise in Demand for Solid State Power Amplifiers Globally
- The military sector witnesses significant usage of solid-state power amplifiers, as they are widely utilized in communication systems, electronic warfare (EW) systems, radars, and satellite communications systems.
- Solid state power amplifier is frequently employed in space communication for amplifying microwave signals from ground stations. The signals generated by a power amplifier are converted into electrical energy to transmit data via satellite systems.
- Solid state power amplifiers are required to strengthen the signal of high-speed internet, satellite TV or broadcasting station to offer great viewing experience to users
North America to Lead Global Solid State Power Amplifiers Market
- North America is projected to dominate the global solid state power amplifiers market due to the development in satellite communication & space exploration, rising usage of high bandwidth data transmission services such as wireless broadband access, cellular backhauling, etc., and increased demand for military radar systems
- North America is also estimated to offer significant opportunities for manufacturers of solid state power amplifiers due to emerging military needs; rising demand from commercial applications in the space & communication sector; and increasing adoption of solid state power amplifiers over conventional amplifiers, as they offer higher efficiency
- The solid-state power amplifier market Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rising various government entities who have started investing in research & development (R&D) activities regarding new technologies such as microwaves and RF amplifiers, which further boost the investment opportunities for vendors in Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Global Solid State Power Amplifiers Market
- BONN Elektronik GmbH
- Thales Alenia Space
- Teledyne Microwave Solutions
- RUAG Group
- NEC Space Technologies, Ltd.
- Advantech Wireless
- Diamond Microwave Devices Ltd.
Global Solid State Power Amplifiers Market: Research Scope
Global Solid State Power Amplifiers Market, by Product Type
- L -band & S-band Solid State Power Amplifiers
- C-band Solid State Power Amplifiers
- X-band Solid State Power Amplifiers
- Ku-band & Ka-band Solid State Power Amplifiers
Global Solid State Power Amplifiers Market, by Application
- RADAR Systems
- Data-Links for Air Born Applications
- ECM and COMJAM
- Test Systems
Global Solid State Power Amplifiers Market, by Industry Vertical
- Critical Infrastructure & Government
- Commercial & Communication
Global Solid State Power Amplifiers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!