Shellfish Container Market: Introduction
- The shellfish container market is anticipated to grow at a significant rate due to high demand for packaging solutions for shellfish products. The highly perishable shellfish product and issues in handling techniques contribute to the expanding demand for shellfish containers. The major trend in the shellfish container market is the customization of the shellfish container according to the requirement of consumers. The shellfish container market is growing as the production is shifting from metal to plastic material. Shellfish containers are cost effective and an easy way to cultivate oysters. Shellfish containers are an excellent way of harvesting oysters and other shellfish. Manufacturers provide shellfish containers with holes on the sides and bottom for maximum water flow. Thus, the shellfish container market is expected to witness surge in growth during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Shellfish Container Market
- Foods should be stored within safe and protective packaging material or containers that are appropriate to the type of food. Shellfish and fish are delicate and require a particular packaging solution. Shellfish have high durability as they are cooked in sealed shellfish containers for two to three days. Shellfish are highly perishable and they have to be stored properly in shellfish containers. Shellfish containers are also required for the cooling of shellfish after cooking. These containers made from high density polyethylene are ideal for growing and harvesting oysters, lobsters, and other shellfish. Shellfish containers can be used for multiple purposes such as to be lowered into the water from rafts, in stacks, or stacked on beaches. The growing demand for seafood is projected to drive the growth of the shellfish container market during the forecast period.
- There exists a huge market for shellfish containers in emerging economies which may offer better opportunities for shellfish container manufacturers in the near future. Food producers are switching to modern packaging solutions to minimize the risk of contamination. Manufacturers are coming up with various innovations and providing huge scope for branding. This is expected to drive the shellfish container market during the forecast period.
- Shellfish containers can also be used repeatedly, providing outstanding handiness and enabling a better product life that supports original shellfish marketing efforts by creating brand awareness among consumers. Shellfish containers play a significant role in the supply chain of the shellfish market. The shellfish container is cost effective and a reliable packaging solution due to its reusability feature. The shellfish container also increases the shelf life of the sea food packed inside it. The container is durable even in extreme weather conditions. Thus, these factors are expected to drive the shellfish container market during the forecast period.
Europe to Hold Major Share of the Global Shellfish Container Market
- In terms of region, the shellfish container market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Western Europe is anticipated to be the largest market for shellfish containers due to high sea food consumption in the region. Furthermore, North America is expected to gain traction in the shellfish container market due to the increase in demand for shellfish products in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Shellfish Container Market
- DACO Corporation
- RPC Group PLC
- InterCrate Container
- Charpak Ltd.
- Continental Plastics & Packaging, Inc.
- Tri-Core Plastics Containers Ltd.
- ULMA Packaging
- Packaging Products Corporation
Global Shellfish Container Market: Research Scope
Global Shellfish Container Market, by Material Type
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Low density polyethylene (LDPE)
- High density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Others (Polyethylene terephthalate (PET), etc.)
Global Shellfish Container Market, by Capacity
- Up to 20 lbs
- 20 to 25 lbs
- 25 to 30 lbs
- Above 30 lbs
Global Shellfish Container Market, by Price
Global Shellfish Container Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Shellfish Container Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.