Self-heating Battery Market: Introduction
- Self-heating batteries use nickel foil in which one end is attached to the negative terminal and the other extends to outside of the cell for the third terminal. Along with a switch, a temperature sensor is attached, which causes the electrons to pass from the nickel foil and complete the circuit. This process heats up the nickel foil and warms the inside of a battery. When the temperature is above room temperature, the switch opens and electric current passes into the battery to charge it.
- The self-heating mechanism of a battery creates an electromechanical interface which is favorable for high discharge/charge power. However, conventional batteries at low temperature suffers severe power loss, which leads to slow charging.
- Self-heating batteries have wide range of applications such as in electric vehicles, outdoor robots, drones, and space applications. Among these applications, the self-heating battery is mostly used in electric vehicles as it helps the electric vehicle function smoothly in low temperatures.
Increasing demand for self-heating batteries for electric vehicles
- Increasing adoption of electric vehicles and awareness across the world is largely due to governments taking initiatives, and regulations in support of adoption of electric vehicles. This is consequently increasing the demand for self-heating Li-ion batteries.
- These self-heating batteries can help the owners of electric vehicles to operate their vehicles at very low temperatures as the batteries can be charged independent of outside temperatures. Hence, this factor is driving the growth of the market.
Maximum Growth to be observed in the Asia Pacific Market
- In terms of region, the global self-heating battery market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The self-heating battery market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to a wide range of applications in industries such as automobile, aerospace and defense, and consumer electronics, adoption of electric vehicles in countries such as Japan, Taiwan, and China, increasing awareness about electric vehicles, and government initiatives. Thus, these factors are expected to increase the demand for self-heating battery products.
- The self-heating battery market in North America and Europe is also likely to witness high growth rate due to increasing competition among players, high rate of adoption of electric vehicles, and focus on cost of production. The market in Middle East & Africa is expected to show slow growth rate.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global self-heating battery market is highly concentrated. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on the development of self-heating batteries to meet the growing demand.
Key players involved in development of self-heating batteries include:
- Sila Nanotechnologies
Global Self-heating Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Self-heating Battery Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Energy and Power
Global Self-heating Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.