Super Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode (SAMOLED) Market: Introduction
- An organic light-emitting diode, also known as organic electroluminescent diode, is a LED in which the emissive electroluminescent layer is a film of organic compound that emits light in response to electric current.
- AMOLED technology is extensively utilized in the digital display system, a specific type of thin-film-display technology in which organic compounds form the electroluminescent material and active matrix refers to the technology behind the addressing of pixels
- Active matrix organic light-emitting diodes (AMOLEDs) consist of pixels of electroluminescent organic compounds ‘printed’ in a matrix onto a base layer of glass or other materials. These OLEDs do not require backlight, like other technologies, a thin film of transistors are used to control the pixels.
- The advanced version of AMOLEDs is the super active matrix organic light emitting diode (SAMOLED), both have same functions. SAMOLED is an AMOLED display that has an integrated touch function, instead of having a layer that recognizes touch on the top of the screen, the layer is integrated into the screen itself.
Rise in Demand from Consumer Electronics and Touchscreen Functions
- Usage of SAMOLED display is estimated to increase in consumer devices such as smartphones, wearable devices, television, laptops, and other display units owing to the advantages offered by SAMOLED technology as compared to that by other technologies.
- Using this the enhanced features like low power consumption, high image resolution, deep black color, higher refreshing rate even in variable size SAMOLED display will replace the other display technologies in the market.
- The touchscreen is embedded into the screen, which reduces the thickness of the display and results into more compact and thinner devices
- Mobile phones is a prominent segment of the global SAMOLED market, the flexible screen technology is also estimated to fuel its penetration into wearable devices and bigger screen devises such as laptops, televisions, user interface displays.
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- Asia Pacific to hold a prominent share of the global SAMOLED market, as countries such as China, Korea, and India in the region are a notable manufacturing hub of smartphones.
- The market in North America is also projected to expand at a higher growth rate, as the region witnesses higher rate of replacement of older display technologies with SAMOLED, rich and techno-savvy customer base in the region is estimated to help in the rapid adoption of the technology.
- Middle East & Africa keeping good potential in expansion of market. The market in Europe is also anticipated to expand considerably owing to the rapid replacement of older technology in the region.
Key Players in Super Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode (SAMOLED) Market
- Various manufacturers involved in the market have deployed SAMOLED displays; however, several developments are still expected
Key players include:
- LG display
- Japan Display
Super Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode (SAMOLED) Market Scope
Super Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode (SAMOLED) Market, by Type
Super Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode (SAMOLED) Market, by Substrate Material
Super Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode (SAMOLED) Market, by Application
- Medical Equipment
Super Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode (SAMOLED) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.