Deodorant sprays or perfumes are scented products that are used to mask body odor, especially in the underarm region. A roll-on fragrance is a type of deodorant that comes in the form of a stick or a small sphere like structure set at the opening of the bottle. The perfumed liquid in the bottle can be applied directly onto the skin through this opening through the rolling motion of this spherical structure. This design of the roll-on fragrance bottle prevents leakage of the perfumed liquid stored inside and ensures ease of use. These are also easier to carry around while traveling due to their size and anti-leakage features. They are also known as rollerball fragrances in the market. These fragrances are applied directly on the skin at the pulse points (nape of the neck, behind the ears, and wrists). Multiple fragrances can be used at once to produce a layered scent.
The roll-on fragrance market is anticipated to expand at a strong pace during the forecast period. Increased marketing efforts and consumer awareness about roll-on fragrances are expected to be key growth drivers in the global roll-on fragrance market. Leak-proof, less wastage, direct application, long-lasting packs, easy to carry, skin-friendly, and alcohol-free are some of the advantages associated with the usage of a roll-on fragrance.
Modern consumers are more aware about the range of products available in the market, and prefer to make informed choices. Consumer awareness is thus one of the driving factors of the market. The number of advantages that roll-on fragrance offers serves as a strong marketing point for manufacturers. This is leveraged to its maximum by the manufacturing companies. The fact that they are long-lasting ensures that the consumer does not have to make repeated purchases of a deodorant, thus saving money.
However, consumer adoption rates have not picked up as fast as expected due to traditional preferences of consumers which are still oriented toward the spray variant of deodorants. This would prove to be a pull-back factor for the global roll-on fragrance market. Nonetheless, this fact is likely to change once the marketing efforts start to bear fruit and consumers begin to make newer choices.
The young millennial consumer is the target market for any new or out-of-the-ordinary product, since adoption of a new product is higher in this segment. This group presents a huge opportunity for players in the global roll-on fragrance market. Portability and multi-packs can be used as marketing points to sell to this segment.
The global roll-on fragrance market can be segmented on the basis of price, fragrance type, raw material, distribution channel, end-user, and region. Roll-on fragrances are segmented into economy and premium on the basis of price. Fragrance type is the broad term given to the range of fragrances available. Roll-on fragrances can be classified into fresh, floral, warm and spicy, and woody and earthy based on fragrance type. Based on raw material, the global roll-on fragrance market is segmented into organic and synthetic. In terms of distribution channel, the market is segmented as online and offline. Based on end-user, the global roll-on fragrance market is segmented as men, women, and unisex. The roll-on fragrance market based on region is segmented as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
YSL Beauté, Lancôme, Guccio Gucci S.p.A., The Donna Karan Company Store LLC, Clinique Laboratories LLC, Bobbi Brown Professional Cosmetics Inc., Giorgio Armani Beauty, Juicy Couture, TOM FORD., and Viktor&Rolf are the major manufacturers in the global roll-on fragrance market. Gender neutral fragrances, limited edition products, duty-free packs, miniature bottles, and promotional offers are the methods being used by manufacturers to attract the traditional consumer to try something new. Gucci has a limited edition pack of one of its rollerball fragrances.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.