RF Limiter: Introduction
- RF Limiter is a kind of electronic device used to limit the input signal above certain limit, which can be set by the manufacturer
- RF limiters are used in transmit/receive modules to prevent damage to low noise amplifier due to excessive power at the input of the system
- RF limiter has been specifically developed to limit the signals in the radio frequency or RF spectrum range
- The conventional type RF limiters protect sensitive circuit elements by lowering high power inputs to low levels, which can be tolerated by the next component. The feedback type of RF limiters have lower threshold and leakage levels as compared to that of standard limiters for the protection of more sensitive components. The high power type of RF limiters are employed to protect sensitive receiver circuits from close proximity, high power signals.
- An RF limiter works in saturated mode, and its output spectrum is made of harmonics of the applied input signal
- RF Limiters are specially designed and developed by using diodes such as PIN diode and Schottky diode
Increased Demand for RF Limiter Globally
- RF limiters are majorly used throughout the RF and microwave industry in different circuit applications, such as radar transceivers, telecommunication radios, test and measurement equipment, to protect the receiver and critical circuit components that may experience high-peak voltage and current transients internal to a circuit
- RF limiters can also be utilized to stabilize generator outputs, providing constant amplitude signals in phase-sensitive systems and to remove amplitude variation in frequency modulation (FM) systems
- High RF filters are popularly used in typical applications such as electronic warfare, military communications, instrumentation, fiber optic communication systems, SATCOM, radar, point-to-point wireless, telecom and R&D applications
Asia Pacific to Lead Global RF Limiter Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to lead the global RF limiter market due to an increase in demand for smartphones and higher adoption of 5G technology in South Korea, Japan, and China. Furthermore, the emergence of advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), industrial IoT, and cloud computing, is estimated to also propel the RF limiter market.
- The RF limiter market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a substantial pace owing to increased expenditure on defense-related equipment; rapid commercialization of 5G networks; increased demand for communication devices such as smartphones, tablets, and Voice over IP (VoIP) equipment; and expansion of data center capacity in the region
Key Players Operating in Global RF Limiter Market
- Clear Microwave, Inc.
- Cobham Signal and Control Solutions
- Pasternack Enterprises Inc.
- Teledyne Microwave Solutions
- RFuW Engineering
- LTC Microwave
Global RF Limiter Market: Research Scope
Global RF Limiter Market, by Type
- High Power
Global RF Limiter Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Signal Base Station
- Data Center
Global RF Limiter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!