Organic Supercapacitor: Introduction
- An organic supercapacitor works as an energy storage device that fills the gap between batteries and conventional capacitors. It possess high cyclability and long-term stability, which helps in more energy storage than capacitors and supplies it at higher power output than a battery.
- An organic supercapacitor mostly uses organic electrolytes, which can be required to sustain higher operating voltages
- An organic supercapacitor is an energy-saving and conversion device with the ability to store high power density, offers great circulation feature, rapid discharge-charge, safe working, and low cost
Rising Demand for Global Organic Supercapacitor Market
- Demand for organic supercapacitors is increasing in consumer electronics, traction, automotive, telecoms and industrial sectors in various applications including pulse power, bridge power, main power, and memory backup
- Organic supercapacitors are high-power devices, as they can supply stored energy at rapid rates, and they are mostly used in large-scale production applications where large amount of electricity is required, such as pumped-storage hydropower and compressed air energy storage systems in electric power plants
- They are majorly required in distribution and storage of electrical energy, as they can compensate short-duration fluctuations in voltages of the distribution line and match the variations between production and consumption
- Demand for organic supercapacitors is increasing in renewable energy production plants, including wind power applications, as they are required to restart collapsed power systems and work as primary energy supply source
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Organic Supercapacitor Market
- In terms of region, the global organic supercapacitor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The organic supercapacitor market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate owing to rapid developments in storage technology, emerging market demands for hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), smart grids, and renewable energy systems
- North America accounts for the second-largest share of the global organic supercapacitor market owing to increased adoption of organic supercapacitors in diverse applications including solar power, batteries, battery back-up, and flash-lights
- The organic supercapacitor market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is also expected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in South America is projected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Organic Supercapacitor Market
- Maxwell Technologies Inc.
- Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation
- Nichicon Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- LS Mtron Co., Ltd.
Global Organic Supercapacitor Market: Research Scope
Global Organic Supercapacitor Market, by Type
- Double Layer
Global Organic Supercapacitor Market, by Application
- Energy Storage
- Power System
- Electronic Devices
Global Organic Supercapacitor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!