Optical Modulator Drivers: Introduction
- Optical modulator drivers are designed for high speed (100, 200, and 400 Gb/s) linear modulator functions for optical networks
- Optical modulator drivers consume low power, have low noise, higher linearity, and convenience of surface-mount technology (SMT) assembly
- Multiple manufacturers are engaged in developing new generation of surface mount drivers that provide industry leading signal to noise ratio in a compact package with competitive power dissipation
- Optical modulator drivers play an important role in consistently delivering excellent output and stable performance
- Optical modulator drivers are used in various applications such as broadband test & measurement equipment, broadband pre-amplifiers, long-haul and metro networking, and datacenters
Rise in Demand for Optical Modulator Drivers for Use in Communication
- Optical modulator driver systems are largely used in the communication field to deliver cost-effective broadband communication services to various broadband applications, from FTTx and short range pluggable transceivers to ultra-long-haul transponders for submarine applications
- Optical modulator drivers are used for applications covering distances of hundreds of meters up to thousands of kilometers at data rates from 1 Gbps to 400 Gbps
- Technological advancement in optical modulator drivers results in achieving maximum signal integrity with minimum power dissipation in the smallest form factor
- The advantage of optical modular drivers is that it provides flexibility to the user to select any modulation frequency or even to modulate with non-sinusoidal waveforms, based on requirement of application
- Demand for optical modulator drivers for broadband communication is growing as a result of these factors, which is expected to drive the global optical modulator drivers market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead the Optical Modulator Drivers Market
- In terms of region, the global optical modulator drivers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global optical modulator drivers market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of optical modulator drivers operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in telecommunication products, which is expected to boost the optical modulator drivers market in the region during the forecast period
- The optical modulator drivers market in Asia Pacific and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Optical Modulator Drivers Market
The global optical modulator drivers market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for optical modulator drivers. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global optical modulator drivers market include:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Maxim Integrated
- Optilab LLC
- Photonic Systems, Inc.
- Qorvo, Inc.
- QUBIG GmbH
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Thorlabs, Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Optical Modulator Drivers Market, Request for a Sample
Global Optical Modulator Drivers Market: Research Scope
Global Optical Modulator Drivers Market, by Technology
- Gallium Arsenide
- Indium Phosphide
- Silicon Germanium
Global Optical Modulator Drivers Market, by Data Rate
- 32 Gbps
- 100 Gbps
- 200 Gbps
- 400 Gbps
Global Optical Modulator Drivers Market, by Application
- Broadband Test & Measurement Equipment
- Broadband Pre-amplifier
- Long-haul and Metro Networking
Global Optical Modulator Drivers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.