OCXO Oscillators Market: Introduction
- Oven controlled crystal oscillator (OCXO) is a crystal oscillator that uses a miniaturized oven to keep its internal temperature constant. It has a temperature controlling circuit to maintain consistent temperature of crystal and other components.
- When the outside temperature changes, the oven or circuit keeps the internal temperature of the oscillator constant. Its comparator circuit consists of op-Amp, resistor, and capacitor. When a thermistor senses a change in ambient temperature, then the comparator circuit adjusts the power generated to return the thermistor back to its set point. Higher the change in temperature, more is power consumption.
- OCXO also uses insulation to maintain the temperature at set point so that the power consumption reduces
Rise in Demand for OCXO oscillator in Defense and Space Sectors
- OCXO oscillators are widely utilized in applications where very high degree of frequency stability is required. Military and new space are key sectors where the temperature may vary from -550 to 1250+, thus OCXO are preferred in order to maintain the frequency and temperature stability, which in turn increases the efficiency of oscillator manifolds.
- OCXO’s are a more robust product in terms of frequency stability. Two advanced oscillator implementations are available for applications where drift over the operating range is unacceptably high. These are temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and the oven-controlled crystal oscillator (OCXO).
- Recent trends toward ever-higher frequency processor clocks and data rate in telecom applications is also increasing the demand for OCXO oscillators such as mobile communications systems, high-end routers, data centers, GPS, GNSS regions, and synthesizer applications. This type of product tends to be better suited for communication/network applications.
- Developments in technology is reducing the size and power requirements of these devices, which is a key factor restraining the OCXO oscillators market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Notable Share of Global Market
- Asia Pacific is estimated to hold a prominent share of the global OCXO oscillators market, owing to deployments of 5G systems and increasing defense budgets resulting in rising investments in defense and space sectors by developing countries in the region such as China, India, and Japan
- Europe is leading market for the defense industry across the globe, as several countries in the region are home to major suppliers of defense equipment such as Russia and France. Therefore, the OCXO oscillators market in Europe is estimated to expand at a robust pace during the forecast year.
- North America accounted for the second-largest share of the global OCXO oscillators market owing to robust expansion of telecom, data centers, and new space sectors in the region
- Middle East and South America are also likely to hold considerable share of the global OCXO oscillators market, as these regions are major importers of defense and telecom equipment
Key Players OCXO Oscillators Market
- Various manufacturers involved OCXO oscillators market, OCXO oscillator are available in wide variation of packages and package styles. Many are focused on reducing the size along with efficiency.
Key players include
- Tai- Saw Technology
- Mercury Electronics
- Bliley Technologies
OCXO Oscillators Market Scope
OCXO Oscillators Market, by Packages
OCXO Oscillators Market, by Application
- Instrumentation (test equipment, simulator)
- Masers and Atomic fountains
- Military equipment and radars
- Phase Noise applications in airborne environment
- Wireless Base Stations and Broadcasting
- Enterprise Networking, network timing and synchronization
OCXO Oscillators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!