Non-Contact Torque Sensor: Introduction
- A non-contact torque sensor is installed between a power source and a load to correctly measure the torque. It has no moving parts, such as bearings or slip rings; hence, it is maintenance free.
- The non-contact torque sensor is required to measure torque in a speed-variable power transmission system
- Non-contact torque sensors are small in size, possess good selectivity, sensitivity, and are inexpensive to manufacture; hence, they are suitable for operation in harsh environment conditions
- In a non-contact torque sensor, the data is transmitted maintenance-free and without any distortion of signal between rotor and stator, which offers integrated speed/angle measurement
Rise in Demand for Non-Contact Torque Sensor Globally
- The non-contact torque sensor is extensively utilized in the automobile industry to measure the torque of drive shafts in vehicles in real-time. It offers contactless transmission of supply voltage and measuring signal, which promotes continuous operation with low maintenance. This non-contact torque sensor technology helps enhance fuel economy by reducing power consumption and improves ride comfort and safety.
- The non-contact torque sensor with shaft ends and mounting support can be utilized as functional check on tilt procedure or rotation monitoring, which provides reliable solution for torque auditing and automotive applications
- Non-contact torque sensors are also required in laboratory and industrial applications, as they possess compact size and multiple mounting options
North America to Lead Global Non-Contact Torque Sensor Market
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global non-contact torque sensor market due to rising research and applications of sensing, measurement, and instrumentation technologies. Increased government support in North America enables major players in the region to invest in advanced technologies for research and industrial applications. This offers lucrative opportunities for non-contact torque sensing technologies to be introduced in the market.
- The non-contact torque sensor market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand considerably, as many industries are adopting advanced surface acoustic wave techniques for non-contact torque measurement and rising demand for developer sensor technology, which in turn is fueling the non-contact torque sensor market in these regions
Key Players of Global Non-Contact Torque Sensor Market
- Sensor Technology
- Montronix Inc.
- ABB, Ltd.
- Honeywell Corporation
- FUTEK Advanced Sensor Technology
Global Non-Contact Torque Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Non-Contact Torque Sensor Market, by Product
- Accuracy Class:0.1
- Accuracy Class:0.2
- Accuracy Class:0.25
Global Non-Contact Torque Sensor Market, by Application
Global Non-Contact Torque Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.