The word ‘mouthfeel’ refers to the perceived thickness of a product and mouthfeel enhancing ingredients are additive elements for edibles that help in defining the texture of the food or beverage. In general, mouthfeel enhancing ingredients are selected based on the physical properties of flavors and other features like suspension or dispersibility. The other properties of mouthfeel enhancing ingredients include particles size, water absorption, and viscosity.
A whole range of mouthfeel enhancing ingredients is included in foods and beverages to offer consumers an authentic and better feel of the product. Consumer preferences vary from product to product for mouthfeel attributes such as softness, creaminess, crispiness and other textures. Among various application segments, beverage utilize the most mouthfeel enhancing ingredients. The mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market is more inclined towards natural-based ingredients, which are preferred by consumers as well.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Mouthfeel enhancing ingredients available in the market vary from company to company regarding their function, use and source. The report encompasses deep-dive study on the mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market with detailed market dynamics of the supply and demand related to it. Emerging uses and technologies are analyzed, which will aid in identifying the market direction and support investment decisions in the mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market.
Global Mouthfeel Enhancing Ingredients: Market Segmentation
On the basis of the ingredient, the global mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market can be segmented as:
- Nut Ingredients
- Fruit & Vegetable Ingredients
- Grain Ingredients
- Yeast Extract
On the basis of the application, the global mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market can be segmented as:
- Flavoring Agent
- Reduced Calorie
On the basis of the end use product, the global mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market can be segmented as:
- Food Processing
- Shakes and smoothies
- Juice drinks
- Energy and digestive drinks
Mouthfeel enhancing ingredients are broadly categorized under flavor segment. Some of the key producers of flavors include Givaudan, Firmenich, IFF, Symrise, and Takasago, which held a combined 58% share of the overall flavors market in 2010, which moderately increased to 58.7% in 2016, representing the dominance of these companies in the flavor and fragrances market. Developments by key market players across the flavor market, which encompasses mouthfeel enhancing ingredients, contribute in shaping the mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market and its outlook.
Global Mouthfeel Enhancing Ingredients Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market are Grande Custom Ingredients Group, Edlong Dairy Technologies, Givaudan, Cargill Inc., Ingredion, Caremoli Group, Ajinomoto, Ingrizo, Kerry Group, Agropur Ingredients, Fiberstar, Lycored, DuPont, Comax Flavors, Ciranda, BENEO ingredients, Corbion, Firmenich, Univar, Frutarom and others.
Opportunities for Market Participants
An uptrend is projected in the mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market. Manufacturers are focusing on various product features of mouthfeel enhancing ingredients to gain consumer. Companies are introducing newer products, which offer consumers a unique experience regarding mouthfeel. The demand for natural ingredients emerging among consumer groups has encouraged mouthfeel enhancing ingredient manufacturers to include natural ingredients in the production.
The segment on innovations in mouthfeel enhancing ingredients briefs about the emergent segments or stages driving higher traction in research and development. Analysis is done based on the patents published during the period 2007 – 2011. It also indicates which players are investing in R&D, process or product innovations, and emerging applications of mouthfeel enhancing ingredients globally.
Research and development and new product launches are the commonly adopted strategies by the major players in the mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market.
- Research and Development: In 2015, Givaudan promoted its TasteSolutions Mouthfeel program, which includes a unique sensory language (Sense It Mouthfeel) and technologies that optimize the taste profile and flavor perception of reduced-calorie sweet and dairy products
- Product Launch: In 2016, Mitsubishi International Food Ingredients, Inc. launched a product Ajirex NH, a yeast extract, which is used as a natural ingredient for enhancing the mouthfeel of sugar-free beverages. The product is known to offer a creamy mouthfeel that has a nice filming effect on the tongue
Brief Approach to Research
A modeling-based approach is followed and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in mouthfeel enhancing ingredients report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the ingredient, application and end-use products of the product segments are included in the study, followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in mouthfeel enhancing ingredients report include:
- An overview of the mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market and its potential
- Mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the mouthfeel enhancing ingredients market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.